1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
That's an awesome tent. I've never been in a tent in hot weather that ever felt comfortable. They are all hot in the summer months imo.

That one is certainly big enough that you could set a fan inside and run it off of an elec hook-up or generator.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's an awesome tent. I've never been in a tent in hot weather that ever felt comfortable. They are all hot in the summer months imo.

That one is certainly big enough that you could set a fan inside and run it off of an elec hook-up or generator.

yea running a fan or two would probably work good

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dad and my brother both have tents from these guys:

http://www.alaskatent.com/

They are very happy with them.

I have a Cabela's guide series tent that cost much less and I've been happy with it.

Those look like they are made very well. Does he use it in just cold weather? or is it comfortable in spring and summer time also?

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After searching for information on many different kinds of tents and their quality I most likely will go with one of the canvas tents.

But in my search for all this information I found it not easy finding everything in one place about tents. So I decided to make my own forum to help others seeking information about tents. If any of you have a tent and would like to share any information about the tent you have or had please check out my simple forum

www.tentforum.com

·
Registered
7,281 Posts

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
Heard that. Coleman makes a pretty good tent. And they aint no $500 bones :shaking:
haha yea i got a 3 man tent it compresses down small enough to fit in the storage cubby.

when you say canvas do you what ppl paint on dont you? wouldnt that be kind of hot inside?

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Those look like they are made very well. Does he use it in just cold weather? or is it comfortable in spring and summer time also?
Dad uses his year round, however it doesn't exactly get "hot" in the summer in Alaska. If it hits 70F people freak out about the "heat wave".

Dad does have a wood burning stove for his which he claims keeps it nice in warm in -20F weather which, for some reason, he sometimes camps in.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
Curious, what's the draw to canvas tents?
Sleep in an outfitter tent with a potbelly stove once and you will never camp any other way when its cold. They make for one hell of a deer camp in the rockies.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Sleep in an outfitter tent with a potbelly stove once and you will never camp any other way when its cold. They make for one hell of a deer camp in the rockies.
Personally I prefer a quality Tipis over an outfitter tent. They can be a PITA to haul around but for long term camping especially cold weather, I say a properly set up tipi with a nice bear or buffalo hide to lay on is the way to go. They just aren't cheap!

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
alright you got me there. i wold take the tipis over the outfitter tent.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 27 Posts