JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to post a quick note to anybody who cares .. The "ValuePower" battery at Walmart fits JK's just fine (even though they will tell you it doesn't) and works a treat.

After installing it, I took my 2008 JKU to colorado, summit county and was getting strong starts all the way down in the mid single digits. No problems at all.

Note that my JKU isn't my daily driver .. it's kind of a spare and gets dragged behind my RV, but that battery appears to work just fine if anybody is looking to save fiddy bucks on a new battery.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/VP-24F-Battery/47308797

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
One good thing with that battery is it has removable caps, so you can keep an eye on the specific gravity, and add distilled water when needed.

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I actually just put one of these in a '99 4Runner about 3 wks ago. Didn't fit the tray exactly but it's in there... was the smallest size and cca listed for that particular vehicle. About a week later we had temps down into the low 20's/ upper teens... lasted about 3 days and nights. SUV started right up each sub-freezing morning. Starts strong every time since I've had it. I'm sold. Only a 1 yr replacement on it but hell, the thing was less than $50.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts