JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:suicide:
Hydrolocked my '07 X. Winch is dead, and the TIPM is fried. Jeep dealer is saying my bill is around $7k right now, and I know replacement of my Jeep will be over $15,000... but it has 120K miles and quarter panel damage. I am dreading the call.:th_pray:

I have aftermarker modification coverage up to $5k, which with my LTBs and 5100s still in the garage is right where I am... have no idea how that actually works though.

· Registered
73 Posts
let me know if insurance doesnt come through for you. i am north of houston (conroe area) and am getting ready to pull a good 3.8 out of a 07 for a Hemi swap i bought from Jeep Speed shop and i'll have a good engine, 6 speed trans for sale.

rob

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Talked to my adjuster- wont know for sure but they arnt trying to total it. Bill with a 70k used motor is $1,000 MORE than a brand new rebuilt block with 3yr/36,ooo mile warranty.

He dosn't want to replace the winch though, rather work out a happy medium with my deductible.

*big black guy voice: Nationwide is on your side*

· Registered
3,543 Posts
take the warranty with a grain of salt, esp if its a jasper motor. a shop we tow for said they are horrible to get any warranty claims from, they just say the motor was put together wrong and it wasent their fault, since there not a complete motor. you can find good used motors, i got mine with 15k miles on it for $1k and paid $150 to have it shipped from AR to PA

· Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
BeerMonkey- Did you go through insurance? PM sent about your TIPM and PCM

Yeah Jasper is garbage. I was under the impression it was a local machine shop, not an out-the-door rebuild factory. I am with you though. The shop is 100 miles away, and I learned my lesson with warranties.

I have contacted Nemesis/Burnsville and MoTech. Quote was like $600 from LV to about 400 miles south of my location- and $1,000 to $1,500 for the engine. That gives me $2,000 left over and the confidence of KNOWING there IS NO WARRANTY... Versus falsely believing the warranty gods will protect me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.