JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have my first Jk unlimited rubicon on order i got white with white top. It has been about 3 weeks but it feels like a year waiting for this thing. :th_pray: I have had 4 jeeps before this one but this is the first JK.

I have a set of 37" Baja Claws that i am planing on running just have to decide on a lift. Kind of leaning toward the AEV 4.5". The main reason is because this jeep will be on road except for a couple wheeling trips a month on the weekends. Maybe 2 times a year make it to Rausch Creek. It seems to flex well for what it is and i have road in a 3.5" AEV and the on road ride was unbelievable.

Any opinions are appreciated.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Have you considered less lift with flat fenders? Even the stock suspension flexes surprisingly well, so it wouldn't take much to get the performance you need out of your JKU. My personal plan is 2.5" RK Max Travel and yesterday I installed Bushwacker fender flares. I should have enough space to comfortably run 37s once the lift goes in.

·
Coonasian
1,831 Posts
Waiting sucks but it will be worth it from all we've heard about the '12s. Welcome to JKO, these guys are great on info and the archives are great! :gluging:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Have you considered less lift with flat fenders? Even the stock suspension flexes surprisingly well, so it wouldn't take much to get the performance you need out of your JKU. My personal plan is 2.5" RK Max Travel and yesterday I installed Bushwacker fender flares. I should have enough space to comfortably run 37s once the lift goes in.
Yeah i have thought about less lift. My first idea was to put metal cloak flares on with the stock suspension and 37s. But now i am thinking i want a little more than the stock suspension can give me. I will have to think about the RK 2.5 and maybe just cutting the stock flares.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Freshmeat, what wheel size and b/s will you be running with those 37s. I'm thinking about the same lift and flat fenders.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.