JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to be getting vision x tantrum rock lights soon and after i finish up some thing i'll be looking for some auxiliary led lighting. my problem is there are so many different options even within vision x that i don't know which is best for my application..

basically i'm looking for circular fog lights for the windshield and an 8-10" bar for the front bumper.

so which vision x lights would work best for these applications? at the best price too..

thanks in advance for any tips

·
Registered
568 Posts
Avoid the regular Xmitters. They are priced well, but mine leaked and had condensation problems (see this thread: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49349
I replaced with the Prime version, and they are great-more light output and better construction. Also, the guy I bought them from (visionxwholesale/accessorypartners) did not even respond to my numerous calls and emails when I had problems. I recommend visionxstore/motorsportssquared as they have excellent customer service and Darick participates on this board. Give them a call and he'll get you what you need.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Avoid the regular Xmitters. They are priced well, but mine leaked and had condensation problems (see this thread: http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49349
I replaced with the Prime version, and they are great-more light output and better construction. Also, the guy I bought them from (visionxwholesale/accessorypartners) did not even respond to my numerous calls and emails when I had problems. I recommend visionxstore/motorsportssquared as they have excellent customer service and Darick participates on this board. Give them a call and he'll get you what you need.
thanks for the tip! that helps alot.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
You want the 10watt LED best on market, and It has the most lumens, Kelvin is about 5-6k (not sure)

6" ROUND SOLSTICE BLACK SIX 10-WATT LED 45°/15° ELLIPTICAL BEAM [XIL-S6103] would be perfect for fog light beam pattern.. Solstice series. I have the 4" on my bumper

Light bar version - go with the EVO PRIME series.. - elliptical beam is not available in this series only 20 or 40 degree spread. I have the 42" EVO prime 20 degree on as my windshield light :shocked:..

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
nice!! i'm thinking the 6" round solstice fog for the windshield/apillar with either an 8 or 11" evo prime lightbar on the bumper.

what's the difference between the solistice and solstice prime??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
nice!! i'm thinking the 6" round solstice fog for the windshield/apillar with either an 8 or 11" evo prime lightbar on the bumper.

what's the difference between the solistice and solstice prime??
the extra LED in the 4" and 6" is one difference, what was told to me the PRIME series has better efficiency. EX - If you compare a solstice spot LED and solstice prime spot LED and point them to a wall of equal distance the PRIME will have less bleed of light (more defined spot)

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
the extra LED in the 4" and 6" is one difference, what was told to me the PRIME series has better efficiency. EX - If you compare a solstice spot LED and solstice prime spot LED and point them to a wall of equal distance the PRIME will have less bleed of light (more defined spot)
ohh ok, i get it. thanks, that helps alot, i think i know which vision x lights i want to get now. it'll be a while though, probably after summer before i get them. i have all aluminum body armor and rear bumper that is in the works :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I should be pretty good... 120 deg wide angle beam... should light up everything behind you. I'm running some Solo's... 3 flood, all mounted on my tire carrier, they light up nice.

·
Registered
183 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Solstice prime series lights each have 1-additional LED per light. Also the new Prime series use a newer generation LED that puts out 20% more light. With the prime drive technology, and advanced thermal management, we have been able to drive them to over 90% efficiency. Plus the optics are improved giving a more focused and much cleaner beam pattern. Bottom line is the Solstice and Evo Prime series lights are by far the brightest, most efficient LED's on the market.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The UF-32 light has 120 degree beam pattern which gives you a really nice wide beam, much wider than any other light. The only downside is they don't project very very far, just a nice wide area. I can post up pictures of some different ones if you want.
well for backing up i imagine it projects far enough? some pictures would be greatly appreciated! my main difficulty with picking lights is how many options there are...

The Solstice prime series lights each have 1-additional LED per light. Also the new Prime series use a newer generation LED that puts out 20% more light. With the prime drive technology, and advanced thermal management, we have been able to drive them to over 90% efficiency. Plus the optics are improved giving a more focused and much cleaner beam pattern. Bottom line is the Solstice and Evo Prime series lights are by far the brightest, most efficient LED's on the market.
i'm thinking solstice prime on the a pillars and evo prime on the bumper. just so expensive.. :bawling:

I should be pretty good... 120 deg wide angle beam... should light up everything behind you. I'm running some Solo's... 3 flood, all mounted on my tire carrier, they light up nice.
i thought about the solo's but just didn't want to spend 300 on back up lights..

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Make sure to check out Rigid Industries LED lights as well. Insanely bright, cheaper than VisionX (I believe), and damn near impossible to kill.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/Off-Road-LED-Lights-s/89.htm
i did see them at 4wp truck and jeep fest and those lights are very impressive indeed! only reason i'm looking at vision x is so i can get all my LED aux lights to be the same, rock lights, back up lights, and such.. but the price may make me take a second look

·
Premium Member
2,507 Posts
i did see them at 4wp truck and jeep fest and those lights are very impressive indeed! only reason i'm looking at vision x is so i can get all my LED aux lights to be the same, rock lights, back up lights, and such.. but the price may make me take a second look
Yeah, their demos are pretty impressive. I bought a pair of duallys and a pair of D2's from Rooster OffRoad (vendor here) without seeing them in action first, aside from pictures posted by forum members, and after seeing them in action i'm glad i did.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Make sure to check out Rigid Industries LED lights as well. Insanely bright, cheaper than VisionX (I believe), and damn near impossible to kill.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/Off-Road-LED-Lights-s/89.htm
The Rigid are nice lights, no doubt. They mount differently, you can only mount them by the ends. The VisionX Xmitter series is very similar in price, light output, sizing, etc... Both lights have 2-rows of 3-watt LED's, and the pricing is almost identical. However, the VisionX Xmitter Prime, Evo Prime, and Reflex are in a completely different realm of light output. The Evo Prime is almost Double the amount of visible light. So in overall performance, there is no real comparison. :beer:

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah, their demos are pretty impressive. I bought a pair of duallys and a pair of D2's from Rooster OffRoad (vendor here) without seeing them in action first, aside from pictures posted by forum members, and after seeing them in action i'm glad i did.
where'd you end up mounting yours? and where in houston are you around usually? don't think i've ever seen you around before.

The Rigid are nice lights, no doubt. They mount differently, you can only mount them by the ends. The VisionX Xmitter series is very similar in price, light output, sizing, etc... Both lights have 2-rows of 3-watt LED's, and the pricing is almost identical. However, the VisionX Xmitter Prime, Evo Prime, and Reflex are in a completely different realm of light output. The Evo Prime is almost Double the amount of visible light. So in overall performance, there is no real comparison. :beer:
any nighttime pics :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts