JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
I now have them on mine as well. Loving the colors ( got the multi color set) and depending on what color I put it on they do seem to light up the ground quite well. With mine being Jeep green, the red LED's give it a neat look. I/m pleased and got a great deal on mine at jeep beach.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I dont have them but IMO, there are better and less expensive lights out there. Depending on what you are lookng for.
I used ANZO USA truck bed lights. I didnt want to spend that much and only want white to use during night wheeling trips.
They are less expensive and pretty bright but they will need some work to wire up and no fancy dancing light feature.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I forgot the vendor, but I got the set for $100. I gorilla glued neodynium magnets on the back to mount where I wanted on the frame. The first set I got off of amazon I believe

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Yeah I don't care about the dancing lights but I do like the magnet idea. It is hard to get good coverage with regular lights on the Jk. The gas tank messes up the passenger side.
I would be afraid to loose the magnet mount pod. Like water crossings or going through some brush.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I would be afraid to loose the magnet mount pod. Like water crossings or going through some brush.
I have them on magnets, but all the wires are zip tied on the frame as well as threaded through so if they do fall they will just hang down barely, and they are no where close to be able to get ripped off where mine are mounted

·
Registered
2,443 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
same set Josh got, 8 to a set but the multicolored ones allows me to select from several colors. I don't care to much about the dancing feature but it can be amusing some times, just a toy to play with if ya catch my drift. I like the music feature as well :D I mounted mine with magnets as well, secured as close to the light as possible with zip ties in case it popped off some how. I also placed mine in places that it would difficult to get swiped off by branches or rocks. Easy to wire as well. Beasley Knob will be my ultimate test for these.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
got the magnets (nedoynium) at microcenter, and used gorilla glue. Make sure you follow directions and let them fully cure before seeing what they stick to. These magnets are strong

·
Registered
430 Posts
check out some of the kits on xkglow.com, lots of led offroad lights and cheap prices too

·
Registered
94 Posts
problems with the remote

I wired up my 8 lights all nice and bitchen, stuck em under and protected them, ran the distribution block up into the eng compartment, ran the main power to the battery and left the master controller under the dash by the fire wall. before i finalized everything I tested the remote and figured out what each letter does wrote it down everything was fine. now the remote wont do squat. the red led on the remote comes on when u push the buttons and thats it so I replaced the battery and no dice the unit does still work at the master but its under the dash all nice and hidden, so WTF. Im thinking i need another remote or can the remote be programed? I unscrewed the 3 screws on the remote and checked out the circuit board and it looks fine.:suicide:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts