JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of adding DNX8120 Kenwood GPS...Does any made this purchase with the JK yet? I think it will be one of the first things I buy after I get my Jeep :)

And of course, I don't trust OEM alarm sytems and I was thinking about adding Viper 5901 alarm system with:
Audio Sensor: Detects glass break
Digital Tilt Motion Sensor..Maybe
Field Disturbance Sensor: Creates an invisible sensing field
Electro-Luminescent Indicator: A bright flashing E-L badge that announces your vehicle is protected by Viper

I was thinking of a back up battery and back up alarm for the system , but since it already had Lojack i think I'll be alright.. The alarm would be more of a deterrence* and since its 2 way, i can check it out if it goes off

Any thoughts/Comments/ Experiences with these systems?
anything at all

·
Registered
966 Posts
I have the viper with a proximity, flashing blue light on the dash and a hood trigger wired in. That way if they pop the hood to disco the battery. . .WOOOWOOWOOWOOOWOO.

The proximity, once tuned in, works great. I feel MUCH more comfortable leaving the top and doors off. If you peak your head in, it beeps at you, if you reach in to about the center of the steering wheel. . . WOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOOWOO

Also has the pager so I know when a warning has gone off or if the alarm is going off. The range isnt great on it, but works from my driveway to my bedroom.

Best investment as of yet, but like most alarm purchases, was made "after the fact", so there isnt really anything to steal anymore :p

·
Premium Member
3,881 Posts
I have the 7120 (same GPS) and love it. I did not get the 8120 because it had stuff I did not need for that extra jump in price.
But the Garmin is balls on and easy to use, customer support for them is top notch as well.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Whats the difference between the 7120 and the 8120??and I hear theres a 9120 or something like that commng out on a few months so that means the 8120 will be on same/deals ..but i gotta look into that

1 - 5 of 5 Posts