JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question....I installed a 2.5" ProComp lift. After the lift I have a slight vibration when accelerating (low and high speeds). I've looked through a ton of threads. I'm hearing 2 things.

1) get a drop bracket for transfer case because I changed the angle.

2) I need an adjustable control arm in the front. I did measure and I'm off 2 inches onot one side.

Also it's a 2015 JKU Sport, 2.5 lift and stock tires. Any info helps. Thx

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
you probably netted more than 2.5" .
Image urls from Imgur or photobucket help here.
There aren't transfer case drop brackets for JKUs as the wheelbase is long enough to not need those nor SYEs like older Jeeps .
You don't mean you need a 'adjustable control arm ' but an adjustable trackbar with which to center the axle after lifting .
You most likely have a trackbar or other bolt that has not been torqued to spec or your front driveshaft is contacting something or your camber is whacked , tire out of balance or pinion angle is off.
There are some things to check.

·
Random Dude
3,039 Posts
. . . slight vibration when accelerating (low and high speeds) . . . 2015 JKU Sport, 2.5 lift and stock tires . . .
My guess =

. . . pinion angle is off . . .
I could be wrong, but we need pics to phone in a better sniff from upwind :D

Oh, and: j3ff3ry wasn't blowing smoke up your ass - suggest reading what he took the time to type.

·
Vendor
2,503 Posts
Look at the AEV drop brackets they might work as well instead of buying new control arms. Did this on my 2015 with 2.5 rk lift and drove fine

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
645 Posts
Vibration only on acceleration would be the driveshaft; i.e. pinion angle is off. Assuming you have the basic ProComp 2.5" lift, this only comes with springs, shocks, and bump stop drop brackets. The JKU works very well with a simple lift. I have installed Tereflex and RE simple lifts before without issue.

Where did you measure to think you were off by 2"?

Before you start throwing money at it, verify everything is installed correctly, torqued to manufacture's specs, and get an alignment.

·
Super Moderator
6,195 Posts
always good to have it reiterate d, @Rubi-8 but OP stated it was " off 2" to one side" albeit ,said with typos ...

That and his inquiring about adjustable control arm says," trackbar" to me . I may be wrong .

OP , wanna confirm for us ?

·
Registered
645 Posts
You are right side to side 'adjustment' would be the track bar. 2" would be a HUGE difference...I've had the stock track bars on those other lifts and it was only off side to side by .5". Adjustable track bar or a simple track bar bracket would fit this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you probably netted more than 2.5" .
Image urls from Imgur or photobucket help here.
There aren't transfer case drop brackets for JKUs as the wheelbase is long enough to not need those nor SYEs like older Jeeps .
You don't mean you need a 'adjustable control arm ' but an adjustable trackbar with which to center the axle after lifting .
You most likely have a trackbar or other bolt that has not been torqued to spec or your front driveshaft is contacting something or your camber is whacked , tire out of balance or pinion angle is off.
There are some things to check.
You are correct, I meant track bar. The kit didn't come with a front track bar so I'm still rolling with the OEM. This might sound stupid but how do I measure the pinion angle? This is my first Jeep and I'm trying to learn all this good stuff. I had the tires checked and all are balanced. Thx for help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
. . . slight vibration when accelerating (low and high speeds) . . . 2015 JKU Sport, 2.5 lift and stock tires . . .
My guess =

. . . pinion angle is off . . .
I could be wrong, but we need pics to phone in a better sniff from upwind

Oh, and: j3ff3ry wasn't blowing smoke up your ass - suggest reading what he took the time to type.
I did and I appreciate everyone's help. I'm working on checking the other things he suggested.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vibration only on acceleration would be the driveshaft; i.e. pinion angle is off. Assuming you have the basic ProComp 2.5" lift, this only comes with springs, shocks, and bump stop drop brackets. The JKU works very well with a simple lift. I have installed Tereflex and RE simple lifts before without issue.

Where did you measure to think you were off by 2"?

Before you start throwing money at it, verify everything is installed correctly, torqued to manufacture's specs, and get an alignment.
I measured from the frame to the tire. I read it on here somewhere. Is that the correct way to measure it?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts