JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well I bit the bullet and got an 08 2dr JK...the drivetrain warranty got me..as did something not 22yrs old and gettin older....I kept my diesel ford van for campin and backup...but really wanted somethin to take the top down and do some light wheelin...the hardcore stuff will be delegated to my regular wheeler...

(what voids the warranty BTW??? oversized tires? lift? what?)

to do...

bbpfab.com bumper/slider/fenders and trailer to haul the quad..(dont wanna bash the JK up just yet...and he's chompin at the JK to get measurements and do a prototype for production runs...and anything custom..as long has he's got measurements in CAD he can design some really cool things!!)

gen 2 trailer

fenders to fit JK (new product line for him too!!)

somethin sick for the bumpers...he's gonna work some magic..but another jeep done by him

Im gettin around 20 combined highway city..whats everybody else gettin?? (3.8 auto)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome to the forum....hmmmm I think I got that once, now about 14 to 16!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Welcome to this great forum,....... well now, 20mpg combined, don't touch it then, if it even see's you outside just looking & thinking about a Front Bumper with Winch it will take you down to 18, if your thinking Skids, Rock Rails, now your down to 16, BIG meats and your at mine(13.4):D, I started stock at 19.3,......... This is all hypothetical :grinpimp: but it all helps with the reduction in MPG.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to this great forum,....... well now, 20mpg combined, don't touch it then, if it even see's you outside just looking & thinking about a Front Bumper with Winch it will take you down to 18, if your thinking Skids, Rock Rails, now your down to 16, BIG meats and your at mine(13.4):D, I started stock at 19.3,......... This is all hypothetical :grinpimp: but it all helps with the reduction in MPG.
prolly not so much the meats...but a little more agressive but still an AT tire...

you'd think loosing the big azz airdam front bumper would help streamline..:grinpimp:

·
Registered
749 Posts
prolly not so much the meats...but a little more agressive but still an AT tire...

you'd think loosing the big azz airdam front bumper would help streamline..:grinpimp:
Man I would hate to put any of these Modded Jk's in a Wind Tunnel,, the Fan would Stop & Change Directions.:eek:

·
Banned
3,226 Posts
Yah, I actually drove off a cliff recently. The aerodynamics of my JK actually slowed me down enough for a safe landing....

·
Registered
749 Posts
Exposed tires do not make for a low drag coefficient.
Gib,..yes I know all about that:D,...but I wouldn't change a thing :grinpimp:,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts