JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've looked at other's issues, mine's different.

I used to be able to turn the fan off. Now I can't even tho' it's lowest setting has an O for off, which used to mean something. Otherwise, it functions normally...this is not a runaway fan that stays on regardless of key position.

2014 Sport, nothing special about it, just in for service...worn drag link end replacement at the pitman arm and inspection. I figure, what the hell, change the oil, too. None of that should have anything to do with the ventilation system, but I didn't have this issue when I dropped it off.

I hate to think this is not a coincidence, but it was my first thought.

Second thought has me thinkin' whether they plugged into the OBD to center the steering wheel - they did an alignment as part of the rod end replacement - but I don't know if/how that could have anything to do with it.

Third thought, I have a ProCal to calibrate the speedo. I put the stock wheels/tires on for the inspection. I did not recalibrate the speedo for that. Again, I don't know if/how that could be related to them plugging into the OBD, if they did.

JWSpeakers, a Warn and a brake booster relocation are the only other mods related to electrical...they've been functioning flawlessly for years.

What say you?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Problem gone.

I musta got the switch wet while hosing out the interior prior to the service visit. Just a coincidence it showed itself after that visit.

Note to self: If/when I ever take the center stack of the dash out, consider fabbin' a splashguard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts