JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody know what kind of frog is in the picture?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
looks like probably a Barking Treefrog
Hyla gratiousa

they make a funky, 2-note call
kinda like "irp erp irp erp irp erp" at night, especially during and after rain

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Any kin to barking spiders? Those suckers seemed to be all around my dad when I was growing up. Never saw one but they sure smelled bad.

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
looks like a very mellow frog, hes just hanging out, saying whatever dude, go ahead take my pic, just dont eat me.

·
Premium Member
15,330 Posts
looks like a very mellow frog, hes just hanging out, saying whatever dude, go ahead take my pic, just dont eat me.
lol- looks like a stoned something......hedgehog? gary? not frog.

·
Registered
9,137 Posts
Still hard to believe that some waterhead actually licked one (not that one but a river toad - Bufo alvarius :smokin:) and found out you can get high... :shaking:

I sirched for "Barking Spider" just for giggles and found that they actually do exist...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barking_spider

Also saw this and it got a laugh.. :D

"A highly elusive nocturnal specie of spider mainly from the Tennessee area (also known as the Tennessee barking Spider). While no live specimens have been caught in order to be studied, this is the only spider known to man with the capability to "bark". These spiders are attracted by the scent of bratwurst and sour kraut and also been known to emerge on taco Tuesdays. While you may not see them, you will hear them and at times feel them scurrying through the couch cushions. They do use a foul odor as a defensive mechanism. Beware the silent Tennessee barking spider, it is a deadly sub-specie and should be avoided at all costs."

And..

"What farts are blamed on when there is no dog available."

:laughing:

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Barking spider - Lycosa flatulosa

various subspecies....
L. f. mexicana
L. f. chiliensis
L. f. meatii

etc

this is a typical specimen...

and always remember,

·
Registered
6,287 Posts
yes-hypnotoad, i wish futurerama was on wayback when i was into certain things that would prob make hypnotoad intresting for 10 minutes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts