JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Vendor Quality Impressions & Quality Summary Thus Far (your experience may vary of course but take heed):

AEV
- Talk to Greg
- Spent time with me on the phone trying to fix an issue
- Professional, concerned, and never tried to run me off the phone
- Compensatory when he didn't need to be
- RECOMMENDED

Neuwirth Motors Parts Dept
- Talk to Tim or Scottie if local
- No problems with local transactions
- Very patient & professional
- RECOMMENDED LOCALLY

Neuwirth Motors Service Dept
- AEV authorized dealer
- Installed rear AEV trackbar backwards. Solution: trackbar bad, order new MOPAR trackbar, not AEV
- on 100 mile inspection nothing done, rear trackbar frame bolt freely spun after arriving home
- QUESTIONABLE QUALiTY OR ATTENTION TO DETAIL --- SEE THE BOTTOM OF POST

Quadratec
- Never updates quantities in stock
- Sometimes disinformation is given (via Neuwirth Motors)
- QUESTIONABLE

4WD.com (& Affiliates)
- Never updates quantities in stock
- Shipping indicated, typically FREE
- Shipping is slow as hell if products come from more than one warehouse
- QUESTIONABLE

Poly Performance
- No indication if items are in stock (?)
- Large selection of useful non-JK items for custom fab
- Shipping indicated
- Personally think they pad shipping costs
- Quick shipping
- GOOD

Dirty Dog 4x4
- No indication of quantities available
- Canadian company
- Great customer service
- Shipping cost indicated
- Reasonable shipping cost from CAN
- Quick shipping
- RECOMMENDED

Summit Racing
- Indicates if item is out of stock
- Reasonable shipping
- Shipping cost indicated
- Quick shipping
- RECOMMENDED

4by4Connection.com (part of iPOR)
- Absolutely horrible customer service, had to call for order update
- Shitty customer server, acted like I was bothering them. :flipoff:
- Shipping cost not indicated
- Poor packing on painted shackles
- Will never do business with again
- STAY AWAY

Northridge 4x4
- No indication if items are in stock, best to call
- Poor service, received excuses on each inquiry to my order
- Sales manager not in control of sales department
- Free shipping even if it takes a week to cross the country
- WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH AGAIN
- Order placed over phone on 17 Apr with SEAN (according to invoice) verifying items were in stock - Order was $1680
- Called one week after order to find out the status, talked to ????, told they were waiting on ????
- Called 1.5 weeks after order, talked to ???, told they were waiting on ????
- Talked to a DIFFERENT VENDOR who suggested I talk to SEAN, the SALES MANAGER
- Called Sean about two weeks two weeks after order, said he didn't know what happened and he would call me back before the end of the day.
- I had to call him back
- Still didn't know what happened
- Finally got in touch with SEAN, said he put his hand on every part in my entire order and it would ship TODAY (May 2)
- Did not receive any apology, compensation, expedited shipping, nothing from SEAN (SALES MANAGER), yet than can throw in about 20 stickers that promptly went into the trash.
- Tracking number created May 2
- UPS Origin Scan created on May 7 - Five days for UPS to get it
- Shipping was via UPS Ground
- Actually received the order in multiple shipments throughout the week of 14 May.
- Still had to call Sean to inquire about parts that didn't show - AEV Winch Mount - can't even get the shipping right.
- Apparently SEAN is not in control of sales.
- Sales sucks
- Received nothing but lies and excuses and shitty service
- STAY AWAY

River City Offroad
- Marcus is the owner
- One of the best companies I have dealt with that still puts the customer first
- Call for best indication of parts available
- BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED
- Always available to answer questions
- Super quick reception of shipping tracking number
- Shippings times vary depending on shipping location
- Competitive prices & shipping charges
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Expedition Hardware
- Tim is the owner
- Another great company
- I have only ordered Trek Armor seat covers (long wait because of material/color choice)
- Puts the customer first
- Even though he has been swamped he still finds time to respond to non-order questions.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

Low Range 4x4 of Wilmington, NC
- Kelly is the owner and is there every day working on vehicles
- Josh typically works the phones
- I've purchased items from other vendors online and never felt as though it was a problem for LR4x4 to install it.
- Don't bring them bang in tube sleeves, they will not install them (no big deal for me).
- Haven't bought anything from them but they typically go through ECGS due to ECGS bulk discount capabilities with manufacturers.
- They will work hard to get you the price you want.
- Service is great, after service is better.
- HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

THE STORY ABOUT NEUWIRTH MOTORS SERVICE:

A couple of days ago the right rear of my Jeep started squeaking. Couldn't figure out what it was, drove to Neuwirth Motors, the installed a majority of the AEV installs an authorized dealer. "Bad rear trackbar, we just order you another factory trackbar." Left it at that and came home. Something didn't sound right. Checked AEV's site...sure as shit the 3.5" RS is supplied with a rear trackbar. Called service and told the advisor that it was not a factory bar.

Today I went to a local 4x4 shop to check their operations out before they install all of my gears, axles, sleeves, locker, etc. on June 11. Asked Josh if he would just look at the rear end real quick for a second opinion, he said the rear trackbar was rubbing a bracket on the frame. Told him thanks then went home.

Once home I received my return call from Greg at AEV and expressed my concern, shot him a couple of MMS images. Come to find out Neuwirth Motors mounted the rear trackbar backwards.

And personally I don't give a shit what you think about me or who you support. This all goes back to the customer...without the customer your fucking nothing...REMEMBER THAT :flame: :flipoff:

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
I'm not questioning you, but I'm quite surprised that you had that experience at Northridge. Did you speak with Dave?

X2 a little surprising. Just ordered a bunch of stuff from him and so far no issues.

Of course I reserve the right to change my tune next week as more items are supposed to ship.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
Thanks for your personal experience with those companies.
sorry to hear about your shipping problems with Northridge4x4 I've been fortunate with them.
I ordered through them after Qtec wanted to charge me shipping on the tuffy ccw underseat storage, tumbler lock replacement, plus a little extra in shipping because the Tuffy rear enclosure is bulky lol. They wouldn't offer free shipping unless I give a screen name (show allegience to a forum), fax(yes fax) a copy of my mil ID, or order through a rep on a forum.
I said thanks, hung up and called Northridge and had parts in NC within the week.

·
V8 dreams
3,567 Posts
Thanks for your personal experience with those companies.
sorry to hear about your shipping problems with Northridge4x4 I've been fortunate with them.
I ordered through them after Qtec wanted to charge me shipping on the tuffy ccw underseat storage, tumbler lock replacement, plus a little extra in shipping because the Tuffy rear enclosure is bulky lol. They wouldn't offer free shipping unless I give a screen name (show allegience to a forum), fax(yes fax) a copy of my mil ID, or order through a rep on a forum.
I said thanks, hung up and called Northridge and had parts in NC within the week.
just curious why you wouldn't just give em your screen name here? they have give me free shipping at least 3 times now without hassle...:koolaid:

·
Registered
490 Posts
The vendors that are specifically active on this forum are a cut above the rest.

Marcus @ River City Offroad, Rebel Offroad, Jason @ Krawl Off-Road, Alec @ EAD Offroad, Tim @ Expedition Hardware.

Why on earth would anyone need to use one of the other guys who have grown too large to offer personal customer service? These guys can get you anything you need and will usually hold your hand during the process if you need them to.

A lot of us here, including myself are still homegrown, and still care that everything you order from us works for you and want to make sure you have a good buying experience. You aren't just a line item on a spreadsheet when you support the little guy.

My $0.02.

·
CalmerThanYouAre
9,383 Posts
It's principle, I shouldn't have to. Owning a Jeep is why I shopped there since before there were web pages or funtioning forums. I shopped there because they'd ship to APOs over the years. I used to ask for free shipping and they'd give it to you. All you had to do was ask.
I'm cool with it. I didn't want to give my screen name they didn't want to give free shipping. That's their right as a company to not offer free shipping without stipulations and it's my right to not agree with it. So my +/- $600 in tuffy parts went to Northridge4X4 with one phone call, no mention of www.jk-forum.com, www.jeepasylum.com or www.jkowners.com.
The Tuffy security console insert is my next purchase too so there's another $260 I'll spend somewhere...
It is what it is.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/14040_0001_07.htm
http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/tuffy-jk-conceal-carry-security-drawer-247
One is cheaper, automatically ships for free and is farther from my location of NC too.

just curious why you wouldn't just give em your screen name here? they have give me free shipping at least 3 times now without hassle...:koolaid:

·
Registered
662 Posts
I just want to see if I sum this up correctly....
AEV....yeah ok
Neuwirth parts dept...yeah ok
Neuwirth service...incompetent but meh
Quadratec....meh
4wd...meh
Poly....okay
Dirty dog...ok
Summit...meh ok
4x4 connection...meh suck
Northridge...Sean sucks, shipping dates suck, people suck, Sean sucks, shipping sucks, Sean sucks, hate Northridge
Rco...I love Marcus
Expedition...hell yeah
Seems like a lot of typing to put Northridge on blast. One phone call to David would have squared you away in a minute. As a matter of fact, a call to David anytime prior to this post would have gotten you much satisfaction.
I can't say I understand what's happened to society that most of us would prefer to lay in our own filth whining about how much it stinks, rather than be proactive in changing our own diapers.
Congratulations sir, you ARE the downfall of America...oh, and it's nice to hear another endorsement for Marcus at RCO, I'll have to order something from him soon.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
The vendors that are specifically active on this forum are a cut above the rest.

Marcus @ River City Offroad, Rebel Offroad, Jason @ Krawl Off-Road, Alec @ EAD Offroad, Tim @ Expedition Hardware.

Why on earth would anyone need to use one of the other guys who have grown too large to offer personal customer service? These guys can get you anything you need and will usually hold your hand during the process if you need them to.

A lot of us here, including myself are still homegrown, and still care that everything you order from us works for you and want to make sure you have a good buying experience. You aren't just a line item on a spreadsheet when you support the little guy.

My $0.02.
Pretty much sums it up. I have ordered through Jason and he is a great guy. Marcus is just an awesome person through and through and takes this very seriously. He lives and breathes Jeep parts and would bend over backwards to help a customer. Alec is another great guy and to date one of the only vendors who has drawn me a picture to accompany an order. Haha! I have not dealt with Tim, but may have to now since this isn't the first positive thing I've read about him. Two more to throw in the mix are Christian at JJG and Chris at JeepAddOns.

AEV....yeah ok
Quadratec....meh
4wd...meh
Poly....okay
Dirty dog...ok
Summit...meh ok
Northridge...Sean sucks, shipping dates suck, people suck, Sean sucks, shipping sucks, Sean sucks, hate Northridge
Rco...I love Marcus
Expedition...hell yeah
Seems like a lot of typing to put Northridge on blast. One phone call to David would have squared you away in a minute. As a matter of fact, a call to David anytime prior to this post would have gotten you much satisfaction.
I can't say I understand what's happened to society that most of us would prefer to lay in our own filth whining about how much it stinks, rather than be proactive in changing our own diapers.
Congratulations sir, you ARE the downfall of America...oh, and it's nice to hear another endorsement for Marcus at RCO, I'll have to order something from him soon.
I don't think this is a "put on blast" thread. If it was, it would be in the DL. I think he was just trying to share his experience with vendors for the first time in this build capacity. Here's my take on the Northridge deal. He SHOULDN'T have to chase down the owner to get good service. If Dave had his hands on the pulse of his company then this wouldn't happen. It's the paradox of becoming a larger company. You get to a point where you can't monitor every transaction so you hire people who WILL pay attention just like you would. Not saying that other vendors don't make mistakes or drop a ball now and again. Just sounds like this Sean character doesn't give a shit. If I spent over 1500 dollars at a vendor, I'd want some attention given to my order. It's not like he ordered a 30 dollar console cover. Just my .02. :beer:

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
AEV....yeah ok
Quadratec....meh
4wd...meh
Poly....okay
Dirty dog...ok
Summit...meh ok
Rco...I love Marcus
Expedition...hell yeah
Here, let me help you out motherfucker and put it into perspective for you since you seem to be blowing NR4x4.

A - I shouldn't have to be proactive. I am the customer, I paid the $1680, was told the parts were in stock, took the vendors word that that the parts were in stock. I could have ordered a custom vehicle and received it in the amount of time it took to receive my parts from NR3x4.

B - I was fucking proactive, inquiring on my parts frequently. I called numerous times and never received a concrete answered as to what the the hold up was.

C - Dave might be a good guy, might even have talked to him. However, Shawn or Sean (WTF) is the Sales Manager and he should be on top of all sales transactions and be able to provide feedback, aka. answer as to WTF as to what is up with any order at any given time.

D - I never received a fucking apology, expedited shipping, nothing but a bunch of fucking stickers that are already in my trash can.

So when you want to attempt to blast me when I give my experience and feedback concerning my purchase with NORTHRIDGE 4x4 try pulling their cock out of your mouth for a moment and take a step above your 5th grade education.

Concerning the other the other vendor evaluations (inclusing you boyfriends)_ I stnd firnly by what I stated in my original post.

What it boils down to is this douche bag: Without the customer businesses would not exist. When businesses realize this and start treating their customers like something other than a meal ticket they may get more respect...but the customer has to come first to begin with.

Like I said, if you don't like it :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

AND YEAH, YOU PISSED ME OFF. If you don't like my evaluations of vendor don't read the thread. I could care less.

Got a problem, PM me, wanna meet... we can do that too. Don't ever criticize me unless you have walked in my shoes.

·
Official Monkey Business
12,215 Posts
Nice review, should help a lot of guys. We are lucky to have some great supporting vendors on JKO. Love RCO:gluging:

·
Registered
662 Posts
@disament .... Minus the juvenile cursing you and the others make some good counter points.
I'm guessing the combination of TBI and not making it into the Navy have made you bitter. Pm me your address and I'll send you a GO NAVY sweatshirt, maybe it will improve your disposition. Happy mem day

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I'd have to hear the story from David or Northridge 4x4 to find it even believable. I've never called Northridge and not even talked to David, ever. I always get transferred to him, for something as simple as ordering an Evo shift knob. Ive had shipping issues with the gears I ordered from them in December, and David was the one who handled it. My PSC rear bumper didn't fit my JK, David handled it and got me another one. One week sounds feasible for a cross country delivery, especially UPS ground.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
@disament .... Minus the juvenile cursing you and the others make some good counter points.
I'm guessing the combination of TBI and not making it into the Navy have made you bitter. Pm me your address and I'll send you a GO NAVY sweatshirt, maybe it will improve your disposition. Happy mem day
Juvenile cursing? Well you pretty much called me a liar, questioned my evaluations of the vendors or twisted a "questionable" into an "ok." Guess maybe you need a thesaurus, probably wasn't issued to you.

You can take the evals for what they're worth, could care less, valid points or not. I am attempting to help the community not you since you are apparently blinded by your "good" purchases or what you have "heard" from others.

I'll send you a PM with my address for that navy shirt, I can use it for my fire pit this summer.

I'd have to hear the story from David or Northridge 4x4 to find it even believable. I've never called Northridge and not even talked to David, ever. I always get transferred to him, for something as simple as ordering an Evo shift knob. Ive had shipping issues with the gears I ordered from them in December, and David was the one who handled it. My PSC rear bumper didn't fit my JK, David handled it and got me another one. One week sounds feasible for a cross country delivery, especially UPS ground.
Go ahead and call, hear what they have to say. I have invoices and can probably still get the tracking info. BUT in all honesty what to you think they are going to tell you, "oh yeah, we fucked this guy's order up and it didn't reach him until nearly a month and we honestly don't know what happened?" Please, companies will always save face and deny, deny, deny.

One week sounds feasible when you haven't waited 3 weeks to begin with to have your order shipped...when I was told the parts were in stock and on hand...except the AEV items which were suppose to be dropped shipped directly to me.

--------

Keep in mind your beloved Northridge doesn't inspect their R&P's either. So I had to go out my way to take picture of the one's they sent so they could confirm they were bad. David promptly called Yukon (Randy's) and had them send me a hand inspected set, received in 3 days...but it should never have happened in the first place.

IMO, not just NR4x$, all Offroad Vendors need to get off their ass and take more responsibility concerning the quality of the product they stock and ship...and make the customer their priority.

-----------

Contact who you have to, I don't give a shit. The reviews above pertain to transactions concerning my build/parts and mine only and I am free to review them how I see fit in order to make otter potential customers aware of these particular situations.

:flame:

·
Registered
200 Posts
I appreciate what DisaMent has done here in this thread. Nobody wishes another jeeper to have a poor experience, he is only telling us what happened to HIM as a means to protect others. If the companies that have poor marks in this thread have a long track record of excellent service then fine, that just wasn't the case for DisaMent.

Maybe by putting companies responsible for mistakes and disappointments..that they will happen less and less for the entire community.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts