JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’m doing a bit of homework since I simply cant find a damn thing about this on the web. You can see from the pics that I have a very small leak (look to the right of the yellow pointer) on what looks like the bottom of the bolt that holds the valve cover...You can see from the 2nd pic I cleaned the bottom of the bolt. Am I on the right track here? Is there a DIY on this? Could it be anything else from looking at the pics? Any info would be great...

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,175 Posts
i know if you spill even a teaspoon of the oil when refilling it can accumulate & appear fir months later as the heat/cool cycles repeat. I run a pre-12 but I’ve heard of so many jiffylubes or home oil changers that overtorque that plastic/nylon oil filter connection on the 12s & newer to cause them to develop hairline cracks that I’d initially look for that if you don’t change your own oil ( which, you should & probably do) .

..if you haven’t already , clean everything- everything- superbly , dry & then watch for returning leaks to surmise if it’s vagrant oil drippage then you could start to look at potential faults or cracks or gaskets , just my .02 ¢.

:jeep2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts