JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As you can see below, I experimented with an Adventure Medical Kits 2 Bivvy.

About 6" in length:

4" diameter:

So lets round on the math and call it 75 cubic inches of space used for this much emergency sleeping space:

I folded instead of rolling and used my counter top vacuum food sealer.

Lets call this 5" wide (roughly):

by 6" wide:

Hard to tell by the picture but it's just under 2" tall:

Again rounding everything to make the math easier I get 60 cubic inches or a reduction of 20% volume and waterproof to boot.

I'll have to see if I can come up with a better way of folding but that's not to shabby in my book.

·
Registered
561 Posts
great idea for packing shit in the jeep, that you hope you will never have to use, but if you do you got it. I am off to go vaccum pac some shit and play around:bounce:

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
The Food Saver is a great invention.

·
Registered
157 Posts
anyone ever try those larger bags you hook up to your vacuum for storing clothing and stuff? would be great for larger stuff like spare clothes/blankets, but was never sure if they really worked or held.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
anyone ever try those larger bags you hook up to your vacuum for storing clothing and stuff? would be great for larger stuff like spare clothes/blankets, but was never sure if they really worked or held.
ive used them to move...let put it this way, they work best if sealed, vacuumed and left alone

if you move them around they tend to break.

DISCLAIMER, we did not have them flat like in the commercial where they get run over...that might be the trick

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am a big fan of vacuum packing myself. I use it most frequently when I have to travel with a lot of stop with just limited space. So what I do is to pack clothes together and vacuum seal it. It makes sure that there is no wasted space though it would take extra effort to get things done.

Though you still have to buy a special type of plastic container so you can give it a tight seal. For a quicker solution, you can even go with a Ziploc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts