JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand estimated delivery date is an estimate, but it didnt even show up on the page until after the estimated delivery date, and it still continues to show after the date has passed.

those are today's updates too (Nov 11). I live in atlanta so i have no idea what departed USPS facility in Atlanta means as opposed to just out for delivery. I'm guessing it needs to go to a local PO first. then get lost there for a few days before it actually goes out for delivery. i think "First Class" is just code for "eh, whatever, screw you and your package."

and they wonder why they're being pushed out of business.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
I found out years ago that first-class shipping means absolutely nothing. I've sent packages to the same addresses and used first class as well as regular mail. I would say on the average that only 2 out of 5 times, the first class packages arrived sooner. First class USPS is a joke in that regard.

·
It never ends...
2,904 Posts
I have a friend who shipped USPS. The package was going from NY to Den. It left NY a few months ago---it departed there. It still hasn't shown up in Den, however it did just get logged into some town in FL just this week.

The response from the USPTO when the package went missing: All you can do is hope it turns up in the system.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
maybe a person should gamble and send empty packages insured for $5000 and hope they get lost in the system lol. Probably better odds of winning then playing the tables in vegas.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
maybe a person should gamble and send empty packages insured for $5000 and hope they get lost in the system lol. Probably better odds of winning then playing the tables in vegas.

A really small box too, more chances or misplacing it, falling through the cracks or general oversight.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I've fallen victim to this usps tracking bullshit. Package should have been here today, but the items last scan was the departure from first location.

What a crock of shit and they charge people for it. If I have this type of service I'd be shit canned.

·
Registered
388 Posts
ups ain't much better. i'd say that at least 25% of ups deliveries coming to my house show up late. i've had two items both leaving the same sorting facility on the same morning, both tracked as "out for delivery" yet only one shows up at my doorstep and the other is delivered the following business day. unfortunately this typically happens on a friday, meaning i don't get the other item until the following monday. my guess is that the delivery guy is in a hurry to start his weekend and doesn't realize there are two items he needs to put on my porch.

i've had an item sitting in a local sorting facility for three days past the expected delivery date with the delay reason listed as "weather" when it was 85 degrees and sunny.

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,956 Posts
TRS uses USPS for their headlight shipments... The first order of parts they sent me from Georgia still showed package information received when they arrived at my door. :lol:

I bet if I checked the tracking right now it would still say that...

·
Premium Member
1,149 Posts
TRS uses USPS for their headlight shipments... The first order of parts they sent me from Georgia still showed package information received when they arrived at my door. :lol:

I bet if I checked the tracking right now it would still say that...
I've had that happen before when the package only takes a couple days for shipping. It still only shows package information received when it arrives.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts