1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
You and me both.

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
It "hides" the IP you are originating from.

Check the FL section. I think this might have something to do with what was going on there earlier...

·
Registered
11,065 Posts
We're in the testing forum.:rasta: Is this the result of Hitmoney's EXPERIMENT earlier?

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
we did that in high school... unfortunately now in the DoD they have pretty much blocked all proxy's
Yea, being an IT in radio however I had numerous ways to get around the shipboard servers. For example, because I was the operating officer for the satellite phone network, I became an avid user of dial-up AOL and plugging directly into the PBX.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Yea, being an IT in radio however I had numerous ways to get around the shipboard servers. For example, because I was the operating officer for the satellite phone network, I became an avid user of dial-up AOL and plugging directly into the PBX.
show off...

:beer:

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
PBX is the phone switch network.

Old school PBX:

Navy PBX:

Ah, thanks for the education. How would one know if they were using a proxy server? I have Verizon Fios but acess this site through aol, through verizon. Sounds kinda proxy, and slow to this idiot!

·
Registered
1,986 Posts
You have to actively use a proxy. Normally you don't stumble on one.

There are several ways to ban the use of proxies. Lance can go into the server for the site and block the entire range for one.

Another way, which is how the military does it, is through a Packet Shaper. It's an actual unit that blocks certain packets of information from ever even seeing the network. You can log in to your Packet Shaper and through some pretty powerful software block known proxy websites. You can even go as far as eliminating the letter "a" from all incoming or outgoing emails. It's just one reason why military networks (NIPR, SIPR, and TIPR) are so damn secure.

·
Registered
5,765 Posts
You have to actively use a proxy. Normally you don't stumble on one.

There are several ways to ban the use of proxies. Lance can go into the server for the site and block the entire range for one.

Another way, which is how the military does it, is through a Packet Shaper. It's an actual unit that blocks certain packets of information from ever even seeing the network. You can log in to your Packet Shaper and through some pretty powerful software block known proxy websites. You can even go as far as eliminating the letter "a" from all incoming or outgoing emails. It's just one reason why military networks (NIPR, SIPR, and TIPR) are so damn secure.
I see, I think I actually use one to access some of our SP sites. I have to "log in" to a few different things before I can get into the sites!

·
Registered
11,065 Posts

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
add me to that list, and what's a "PBX", parent bull crossing?
Stands for Private Branch Exchange....as the picture with all the old switch board operators shows, the new ones are all computer generated and gives you the features of your home and cell phones such as voice mail, direct inward dialing (such as hotels where you call other rooms by dialing 7), music-on-hold, remote maintenance and testing, etc.

okay, enough geek stuff on my end... back to the topic of interest! :beer:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
It's just one reason why military networks (NIPR, SIPR, and TIPR) are so damn secure.
We sure don't want any spilladge.....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts