JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Im thinking of purchasing a Used Poison Spyder Front Bumper from craigslist and I was wondering if its possible to restore its paint for fairly cheap? It seems to have some scratched and minor rust lines. Im looking for any information on how to get this looking fairly new again, thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
I think it's powdercoat, no?

You can spray over it if you scuff the surface a little bit or use self-etching primer then paint.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah i believe it was powder coated. Im just not very good with this stuff, what exactly would i need to get this job done?

·
Registered
549 Posts
bead / sand blast it and have it recoated would be the best thing to do, I bet it would have a brand new appearance if done right.

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
bead / sand blast it and have it recoated would be the best thing to do, I bet it would have a brand new appearance if done right.
This. Just did my JCR after some rough winters. Was $150 to have it stripped.

I just went with a couple coats of primer and a few coats of bed liner and it looks new again.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,935 Posts
My local powder coat job was not the best. You could probably just scuff/paint yours as it's not even close to the peeling/flaking I had going on with mine.

I had to strip it to even think about refinishing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
485 Posts

·
Gunnery Sergeant USMC (ret)
22,098 Posts
Look around for local powdercoaters if you want it to look brand new. They will blast all the old stuff off for you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts