JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently was sent this message. Please read below.

"The sole remaining cattle rancher in Lucerne Valley operates a 29,000 acre ranch. ALL of Rattlesnake Canyon is within this ranch. The ranchers, Billy & Julie Mitchell, are generally pro-OHV, and have worked with BLM and Wilderness folks to keep the Canyon open. However, Mr. Mitchell has recently had to put down two cattle and one horse due to injuries created by OHV users going too fast through the canyon, and on the north end nearer his house.

The rancher has asked that those of us who enjoy and appreciate the Canyon put out the word to all the internet forums and groups of OHV folks to tell them Rattlesnake Canyon will be shut down if his livelihood is jeopardized (his cattle).

Please do your part to educate others to slow down. Keep the dust and noise to a absolute minimum, give livestock the right of way, and don't scare them off the trail.

Feel free to copy this message to any other online forums you participate in. We have the opportunity to keep this fun trail open, preserving a corridor between the mountains and desert, but we must act responsibly and educate others who may not be as sensitive to the issues at hand.

Tread Lightly!

As an FYI: At least one OHV group, "MyJeepRocks" is actively working with the rancher and helping to create a signage program within the canyon to advise others of the Rules of the Road. If you want to contribute, stay tuned to "www.rattlesnakecan yontrail. com" which is in the process of being set up."

·
Openly Hostile
6,982 Posts
That would be a shame to loss that trail because people can't slow down heading into the canyon.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
That stinks, some people just have no common sense. The guilty parties, at least in Texas, are the yahoos that aren't exactly "active enthusiasts" of the sport. Just a bunch of drunk rednecks that ought to have their ass kicked on a regular basis.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That stinks, some people just have no common sense. The guilty parties, at least in Texas, are the yahoos that aren't exactly "active enthusiasts" of the sport. Just a bunch of drunk rednecks that ought to have their ass kicked on a regular basis.
It's the same here. Those kinds of people are generally not on forums. No self respecting Jeeper would do something like this.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
I take offense of the drunk redneck comment!!!:thefinger: I love my beer but I would never behave in the manner of how you are saying. People need to wise up and take care of the good things in life.

·
Registered
145 Posts
If you guys have some newbies to our sport that need some education on how to keep our trails open, I built a new simple website you can send them to: How to Save My Trails kinda thing. Straight forward, simple and easy to navigate.

Feel free to send them to:
http://www.savemytrails.com

thanks, Del

1 - 6 of 6 Posts