JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
I actually work for ups and in the last month they have been cracking down on damaging packages. If the manufacturer packages the bumpers correctly they don't get damaged. However when you move 8,000 packages a day sometimes stuff happens. I unload the semi trailers when they show up in the mornings (3:00AM) and alot of the damage is done by packeges being on top of other packages. They end up crushing each other.
Don't hate Ups, hate all shipping companies. BTW I think Fed Ex is the best even if they are morons.
Oh and those high dollar packages get thrown around just as much but we have to pull them of and manually scan them so they don't get lost. (5 finger discount).
:devil:

·
Registered
314 Posts
Hey when you deal with 115lb packages that are packed in a little thin box it gets F'd up. If the manufactures pack it in expansion foam and double box anything over 50lbs then it won't get damaged. That is how the ship transfercases, expensive bumpers and sliders. We get bumpers etc. here at the shop all the time with no defects. Had to refuse only one. :shaking:

It is what it is. :thefinger:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.