JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I got a good deal on a used LA kit and have started installing it on my Jeep. This weekend I got the rear in and now it just needs to be torqued.
Anyone else running this lift and can tell me what length they set the upper arms at?
Sorry for the cell phone pics
Here is my Jeep as it sat before this weekend

And here we go

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are awsome, when these wear out I will be getting another set:beer:

·
Registered
3,349 Posts
Your one tough MF'r...to be doin that with snow on the floor. I know its cold in there. Reminds me of the good ol'days in Alaska.

Lookin good man.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well got it all done and now my jeep rides like a dream.:beer:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK evrything was checking out good on the road tests so I decided to pop her into 4wd and test it out in my back yard. When I put it in and hit the deep snow and started working the jeep a little I could hear some loud creaking comming from right under me. I hopped out and took a look at my driveshaft to see this.

This obviously is the front drive shaft comming out of the T-case. I am sure this is not an acceptable angle. now the front is much better and it rides real nice, I didn't have an angle finder so I just adjusted the upper front arms until the springs had no bow to them. here is the front pumpkin shaft angle

My question is this should I try and lengthen the upper arms some more to aliveate some of the driveshaft angle or is my only fix getting a new front D-shaft?:beer:

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Couple more pics of the new lift now that shes all settled in:beer:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts