JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I remembered seeing this once... A bracket which attaches to the rear upper frame track bar mount. Not the ones that lower it but one which attaches to the side of it which in turn moves the rear track bar back about an inch or so... I tried finding it on Google with no luck. Does anybody know of such a product or am I imagining something?

Thanks -B

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Not sure, I have only seen ones that rise it from the axle or drops it from the frame.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
A couple years ago someone here posted a shot of a custom bracket he made that mounts the track bar to the rear of the stock bracket. In most cases the kit mfrs raise the axle side brackets. A number of geometry and clearance issues with lowering the brackets on the frame side.

·
Vendor
1,074 Posts
Teraflex and Rough Country make (or used to make?) their rear track bar brackets to attach to the upper/frame/passenger side. As stated above, most manufacturers prefer to offer the lower/axle/driver side bracket as this maintains better roll center geometry.

·
Registered
376 Posts
There are a few out there! U might be having issues finding them because most people are going to the axel side mount for clearance!

I have issues when flexing with mine and a few friends.

Personally I would look at going axel side or just buy and adjustable threat track bar.

Hope this helps at least a little!

·
Registered
283 Posts
You still got the 2 door?

I'd suggest if you can find a Frame Side Mount... Get it. The Axle Side Mount (while it has become very popular) dosent allow the rear to move on the same axes as the front.

·
Registered
376 Posts

I'd suggest if you can find a Frame Side Mount... Get it. The Axle Side Mount (while it has become very popular) dosent allow the rear to move on the same axes as the front.
Good point!

·
Premium Member
641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Still have the 2 door... My rear axle is pushed back about an inch or so and thus the rear track bar is really close to the springs. I'm having some work done to it so the springs will sit straight again which will allow me to push it back about another inch. So I need to provide more room for my track bar. I was thinking there was a bracket made to move that bar more to the rear from the frame side. Here is a pic:

Attachments

·
Registered
283 Posts
That's where it gets tricky and why most companies don't make one.
If you move it back and down, it'll be making contact and damaging the shock.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
The closet thing on the market to your wants is this one made by poly. The middle one in the attached pic. They do not offer it on the web site by itself but I'm sure they will sell you one if you call. You can replace the factory bracket and position it where you need it.

C4lo made one to move his axle back a couple of years ago that is posted on this site may be the one you are thinking of. Not hard to fab.

Either way there will be welding involved.

http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/Synergy-Suspension-Jeep-JK-2-Door-Rear-Stretch-Bracket-Kit-p-29230.html

Attachments

·
Registered
426 Posts
The TF 2.5 kit comes with a drop bracket for the track bar on the frame side.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts