JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who other than synergy makes an upper rear shock relocation bracket?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I have a set. Just installed them recently with my AEV 3.5" lift and a set of Evo rockstar rear LCA skids. I installed them about a week before I ran the rubicon. no issues to report.

since then, however, I installed a different set of coils and shocks. The OME LT shocks come awfully close to the rear sway bar. This is even with the synergy sway bar relocating bracket option to the kit. I originally had the metalcloak sway bar bracket but the synergy blocks drop the sway bar more down and rearward than the MC blocks. It is the upper shock housing that seems to hit the sway bar. The OME yellow is already scratched off right there and the OMEs have not seen trail time yet. I might chop the upper cans off or just let them self-adjust the clearance.

Install was straight forward. Getting the rear shocks in is slightly more challenging than stock since there is no nut welded into the top. You have to run a nut and bolt through. a little challenging to get the wrenches up in there but nothing a few expletives and a corona could not get you past.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a set of EVO rock stars on the way, and just installed brand new Rancho 7000's about a month ago. You are correct--that was terrible planning. I would rather just relocate the upper mount than buy shorter shocks.

And yes, it's the price that's getting me. It looks like it would be quite a bit cheaper to buy new shocks than buy the Synergy relocation brackets. Was hoping someone out there is making a less expensive option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts