JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I Put the FU in FUN
4,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this trail. Fitting a four door down it though is a challenge. But we had so much fun doing it.

Our jeep is outfitted with synergy 3" coils, synergy short arms, dynatrac ProRock 44 front and ProRock60 rear and 40" toyos. It's very low but narrow. Probably helped in the squeeze.
Needed a winch out of the squeeze at the end since the tire kept slipping off so it was wiser to pull out than make it too hard to get out.
Got through the center section fairly easily but needed a tug through the last rock to clear it.
When we got to the waterfall we wanted to winch out since I didn't have the break over the others have.
I got the wheels up the wall and in position, got the winch connected and started to pull and then lost the transmission. As a result the winch line snapped! Luckily I was ready with the brakes and stood on them until my buddies got another jeep hooked up to me. A couple of pulls proved this would be hard to get out without a transmission so we tried adding a quart of ATF to the trans.
Awesome! We have forward! Winches it out and got out after sitting near vertical for 20 minutes.
So...would I so it again? Absolutely. It was a blast.

Attachments

·
JKO Dickhead
3,522 Posts
Nice Job.... but will Jeep give you a badge for that ??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts