JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about inundating the Bestop web site with request/demands that the upper door glass sliders for half doors be offered for sale now/yesterday....not tomorrow?:beer:

·
Registered
209 Posts
Sounds like a good idea, the tops that come with the half doors are good a lot better then the ones fitted to the TJ's, but sliders would be good.:)

A

·
0 Posts
I don’t think there are that many JKs sold with half doors to warrant the R&D cost right now. Having said that, I’d get them for the front doors right now if they were available.

·
Registered
18 Posts
What?

I don’t think there are that many JKs sold with half doors to warrant the R&D cost right now. Having said that, I’d get them for the front doors right now if they were available.
I hate that R&D crap? They have made them before, it is not like they have to reinvent crap, all they need is the dimentions, and a couple of new molds... I know it isn't easy as pie, but c'mon man...

I don't like spending a couple of hundred more for a JK part, when TJ parts are around half off, becasue of R&D crapola....

I would also buy some, as long as they aren't outrageously expensive...

A

·
0 Posts
I hate that R&D crap? They have made them before, it is not like they have to reinvent crap, all they need is the dimentions, and a couple of new molds...
They really aren’t the same plus they have to design the rear doors. Eventually someone will make them but it’s not happening soon is my guess.

·
Registered
541 Posts
I hate that R&D crap? They have made them before, it is not like they have to reinvent crap, all they need is the dimentions, and a couple of new molds... I know it isn't easy as pie, but c'mon man...
I gotta say that this is way off base. The JK design is an entirely different beast, and has made production of pieces much much more complicated. Teh curves they've added to the body, the doorjamb design, all of it has made parts production significantly more challenging.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't agree...........

I gotta say that this is way off base. The JK design is an entirely different beast, and has made production of pieces much much more complicated. Teh curves they've added to the body, the doorjamb design, all of it has made parts production significantly more challenging.

the upper half of the half doors already exists with the zip out cellophane window...it's not rocket science to sew in glass sliders in place of the zipouts as is done in previous model sliders...;)

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...we can forget about the upper door sliders...Bestop just ain't gonna' make 'em for the JK...they are gearing up for more faux hood vents, plastic ground effects for your JK, overpriced hardtops that won't fit half doors...more LA "lowrider" chit for all Jeeps...Bull Dawg has jumped on the bandwagon as well...nada for the JK...makes one wonder how long the JK will last as a Wrangler

A

·
0 Posts
Not totally related, but I found out that the plastic window fits inside the black part of the door the other day. You have to sort of roll it and stuff it in there but it fits.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How so.....

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I see what you mean...they would get trashed pretty quick that way...wonder what's taking so long for someone to come up with some door sliders...everyone I know that has half doors wants them...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts