JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all in the Jeep land! My wife has a 2014 jku that has the upgraded head unit in it. It did not come with the factory sub in it. I bought a sub but it does not have the amp to run it. I did some research and decided to scrap that idea. Really she is just wanting some bass, and it looks like installing a sub with the stock unit is a PIA. Has anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello all in the Jeep land! My wife has a 2014 jku that has the upgraded head unit in it. It did not come with the factory sub in it. I bought a sub but it does not have the amp to run it. I did some research and decided to scrap that idea. Really she is just wanting some bass, and it looks like installing a sub with the stock unit is a PIA. Has anyone have any recommendations.

Thanks in advance.

Kicker Hideaway. It has line inputs, so you can just splice into the soundbar speakers in the B pillar on the passenger side. Run a power wire, and ground it and you’re in business. Add’s a lot to the factory system.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Is there any chance I could get an amp and make a factory amp an sub work? or is it jut to much trouble?

I guess you could, but you need to know the specs of the sub so you can match an amp to it. The amp would need to have line inputs, or you would need a separate unit that would convert line inputs to RCA.

I actually prefer the Hideaway under the passenger seat over the factory sub in the cargo area since it’s out of the way.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you everyone. I just installed a kicker hideaway and it is all good. I might play with puting a sub in the stock box and seeing if I can get that to work but for now she has her bass

1 - 7 of 7 Posts