JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The boxes started arriving on Wednesday of this week and I spent the last two nights wrenching non-stop. For those that are interested in exactly what product were used and my overall plan check out http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28066.

First off, for as "cheap" as some have said the Rugged Ridge stuff is I'm actually quite impressed. Great bang for the buck!

DISCLAIMER: Sorry for the crappy cell phone pics - they don't do this beast justice.

Starting off easy:

Extended Breathers:

Folded and cut pinch seam and chopped Rubi rock rails:

Husky liners front to cargo:

Superchips WORKS for 2010 models!

Flare demo:

Flares installed:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Second Post:

Removing the front bumper:

Removing rear bumper:

Front bumper installed (and got some 35s!)

Rear bumper and swing out tire carrier installed:

A little neighborhood flex (I need to get up to the mountains and find a big boulder):

The work in progress as it sits this morning:

I have thus far experienced ZERO rubbing either at full lock or the flexing that I’ve been able to do while mall crawling. I’m thinking I will do a 3” lift though.

Still to come:
Lift, Diff Armor, Bash Bar Skid, Evap Skid, Exhaust Skid, and some sweet Woodland Camo custom Wet Okole seat covers!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Looks Sick :beer:

·
Registered
5,839 Posts
i would suggest at least getting your bumpstops extended until you can purchase your lift. at full flex youll rip off your flares if you dont do them.
i would prolly just get the teraflex bumpstops in either 2.5 or 3 inches if you want to plan ahaead and not buy bumpstops twice all though you should be fine with 2.5 and get more flex.:D:D

looks good:beer::beer:

·
Registered
535 Posts
So wait...no lift at all right now and you fit in 35's just but swapping the fenders for flats and cutting the pinch seam? I wanna see this done on a 2 door now...but I won't hijack your thread for that. Did you have to use any spacers or just the right rims?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So wait...no lift at all right now and you fit in 35's just but swapping the fenders for flats and cutting the pinch seam? I wanna see this done on a 2 door now...but I won't hijack your thread for that. Did you have to use any spacers or just the right rims?
4.5" back spaced rims. No spacers, bump stops, or lift. :smokin:

As was said above, would probably not recommend for anything too serious off road, but at stock height you can most certainly fit 35's no problem. I've been hitting curbs, drainage ditches, etc and I have yet to rub. At full steering lock there is also no rub. If I rub off road it will be at the front of the rear wheel liners...everything else looks to have plenty of space.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:smokin: Thats kewl, but you can't doit with stock bumpers, the tires hit every time you turn

:grinpimp::grinpimp: JIMBO

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:smokin: Thats kewl, but you can't doit with stock bumpers, the tires hit every time you turn

I never thought to try it with the stockers. I suppose it could be done - just have to cut the "wings" off the front bumper. I think they even make kits so you can cap the ends if you decide to do just that.

·
Registered
799 Posts
:smokin: Nah, my stock bumper wouldn't even work with my 33's so I got new front/back bumpers

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm definitely going to do a lift and a little more cutting on the front of the rear wheel wells. I jumped the Jeep off a 1' high curb at the local high school and was able to produce some minor rub in the back. It looks like I need to cut away a little more wheel liner and part of the Bushwacker flares. I only need about 1/2" more clearance - and of course the lift will help with that.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
That looks pretty cool and that color is awesome!

Looking forward to the rest of your build.

Love how you're jumping curbs at schools and drainage ditch wheelin...my wife thinks I'm weird cause I'm always running up on something and getting out to look. Lol!

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yep, I want to get an idea where I stand BEFORE I end up tearing off my brand new flares on the trail. I'm about a week away from taking this out on the trail. Unfortunately, the evap skid and control arm skids I ordered are on back order. Would like to have those before I do anything too serious.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts