JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jeep Beach™ 2009 is less than a month away!
There is still time to pre-register!

May 15, 16, and 17, 2009
As host of Jeep Beach™, the Mid-Florida Jeep Club has developed a fun filled weekend geared for all Jeep® owners. With the setting being next to Lake Lloyd in the infield of the Daytona International Speedway and the all new obstacle courses, this will be an event to remember! Don’t miss the opening social, obstacle courses, vendor fair, Show-n-Shine, Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza, beach parade and pool party.
Pre-registration deadline is May 1st.

Friday – May 15th
Registration and Opening SociaPre-registration has several benefits: prices are discounted, allows you to pre-order your collectible event shirt, guarantees your entrance into Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza, and entitles your group consideration for the group incentive.
The 2009 Jeep Beach™ beneficiary charity is Hospice of Volusia County. Below is the Jeep Beach™ 2009 activities schedule.l:
2:00 PM to 8:00 PM: Registration will be at LaQuinta and the Reception at Wing House on International Speedway Boulevard in Daytona Beach. At registration, get your Jeep Beach™ schedule and event credentials. At the social, check out the 2009 Jeep Beach™ merchandise and grab a bite to eat!

Saturday – May 16th
9:00 AM to 11:00 AM at the Daytona International Speedway at the Turn 1 tunnel off of Williamson Blvd. Registration will close promptly at 11:00 AM.
Obstacle Course:
9:00 AM to 3:00 PM – Infield of the Daytona International Speedway. There will be obstacles for all types of jeeps – from stock to modified. The last Jeep® will enter the obstacle course at 3:00 PM, no exceptions.
Show-n-Shine and Vendor Fair:
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM – Infield of the Daytona International Speedway. Bring your Jeep® for the Jeep Beach™ Show-n-Shine and vendor fair!

Show-n-Shine awards will be announced at 3:30 PM. Participants will be voting on the People’s Choice award. To encourage participation, all participants who place a vote will receive a ticket for a special raffle prize.
The Jeep Beach™ vendor fair will be set-up in the infield. There are several vendors signed up to attend the event: Rusty’s, Jeeper’s Den, 4Wheel Parts, SuperChips, Sloppy Holes/Mud Hunnies, Airbrush Factory, Wilson’s 4x4 and Tina’s Noveltees, More to be announced.
Reminder – there are no coolers allowed at the Speedway. Food and beverages will be available through the Speedway vendor. We are working on a meal package especially for Jeep Beach™.

Kid’s Activities:
There will be several activities to keep the kids entertained during the day at the main event, including a bouncy house, an inflatable slide, and snow cones.

Raffles:
Over $8000 in raffle prizes will be drawn throughout the day. There will also be a 50/50 raffle. Raffle tickets will be $1 each or 6 for $5 and for larger ticket items, tickets will be $2 each or 3 for $5.
Raffle Prizes:

• Pit Bull Tires - $1200 gift certificate and Ten (10) 25% Off Certificates
• Superchips - Two (2) Programmers
• Or-Fab - Two (2) sets of Rock Doors
• Jeep Hut – over $500 in prizes including a set of Neoprene Seat covers, shirts, d-ring sets, and winch plate
• Discount Tire - $500 Gift Certificate and 250 $100 off gift cards
• Rough Country - 4” Lift with Dual Stabilizers
• Jeeper’s Den - $500 in prizes
• Bushwhacker - $200 Gift Certificate and Promo Pack
• 4Wheel Parts - Smittybilt Winch, Hi-Lift Jack & other prizes
• Wilson’s 4x4 - Corbeau seats with 4 point harness
• FinishLine West - Chubby Front Bumper
• All Things Jeep - Five (5) $50 Gift Certificates
• DIS - Two (2) tickets to the Coke Zero 400
• Sloppy Holes/MudHunnies - Ten (10) $25 gift certificates
• Pro Chrysler Jeep - t-shirts, Hoodies, & Stickers
• JCWhitney - $250 in Gift Certificates
• Richard Petty Driving Experience - Two (2) Richard Petty Driving Experience Ride-Alongs
• JeepSwag.com - Evap Canister Relocation Kit & Steering Stabilizer Relocation Kit
• Smittybilt – Seat Cover
• Warn - Snatch Block and Gloves
• Wylaco - Spyderco Knife
• Raingler – grab handles
• Warrior – grab handles
• Shell - $10 Gift Certificates
• Clayton 4WD – 2 25% Certificates
• SkyJacker – denim shirts and other prizes
• Misc Donations - Jeep Knife, Lights Out, shirts, Grab handles, Jeep License plate and CB
• Safari Straps 1 TJ Side Window Nets, 1 JK Side Window Nets, 1 JK Cage Set, 1 Package of Grab Handles, Cell Phone Holder, Personal Water Cooler
• 1 complete JK sPOD donated by John with sPOD

THANKS to all our vendors and sponsors for their gracious donations. We have also received many items to place in the goodie bags including Ocean Potion sun block lotion, Pit Bull Tires Koozies, BDS Suspensions 10% Off Coupons, PolyPerformance 10% Off coupons, Zone OffRoad Performance 10% Off Coupons, and Go Topless Stickers.

5:00 PM – all Jeeps must be out of the infield.
Jeep Beach™, Night @ The Plaza:
7:00 PM – Pre-registered participants are invited to a ****tail Reception at The Plaza Resort and Spa on A1A. A section of the pool area at the hotel will be reserved exclusively for Jeep Beach™ participants. The hotel will provide heavy hors d’oeuvre. At 8:30 PM, a kid-friendly movie will be shown in the pool area at the “Dive In Theatre”.

Sunday - May 17th
Jeep Beach™ Parade:
Ever see 100s of Jeeps® cruising down the beach at once? Join us in turning heads on the beach, and don’t forget the cameras. Final parade details to be provided at registration.

Jeep Beach™ Closing Party:
Immediately following the parade, our closing party will be held at the pool at the LaQuinta on 2725 International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, FL 32124.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
7:00 PM – Pre-registered participants are invited to a ****tail Reception at The Plaza Resort and Spa on A1A.

A Sh!ttail reception? lol.

Hey wait - no coolers in the infield? I dunno man - I plan on drinking beer all day. Let's say someone forgets about that rule and accidently takes a cooler into the infield - will they be summarily kicked out of the event?

Raffle prizes will be drawn all day? You bastard! I wanna set time that I HAVE to be there! lol.

Seriously - Houston we have a problem w/ this cooler situation.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A Sh!ttail reception? lol.

Hey wait - no coolers in the infield? I dunno man - I plan on drinking beer all day. Let's say someone forgets about that rule and accidently takes a cooler into the infield - will they be summarily kicked out of the event?

Raffle prizes will be drawn all day? You bastard! I wanna set time that I HAVE to be there! lol.

Seriously - Houston we have a problem w/ this cooler situation.
1) Co ck tail reception.
2) Beer served on premisis. We have to gaurentee a certain $ amount sold. Sorry Dave, we have to enforce the no cooler rule. Again, beer will be sold on site. You wont be kicked out but we would hope that people would be honest about it. We could have served no food or beer and let everyone bring their own. That wouldnt have happened and people would have complained. In order to serve food, beer was added. In order to add the food and beer we had to gaurentee it would be bought.
3) Registration closes at 11am on Saturday. We want to enjoy the event too. If you aint there by 11 :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Ok few questions:
-I see there is registration Friday and registration Saturday morning. So do we have to register both days or just register once?
-Saturday night, you say “pre-registered”, does this mean if you registered and payed before may 1st, our registered at the event Friday?

Sorry, getting a little confused with all the registrations. I know we can pre register online before may 1st for $50 but is there a “check-in” once we get down there or is that what you are calling the registration Friday and Saturday? I think I need a drink…

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok few questions:
-I see there is registration Friday and registration Saturday morning. So do we have to register both days or just register once?
-Saturday night, you say “pre-registered”, does this mean if you registered and payed before may 1st, our registered at the event Friday?

Sorry, getting a little confused with all the registrations. I know we can pre register online before may 1st for $50 but is there a “check-in” once we get down there or is that what you are calling the registration Friday and Saturday? I think I need a drink…
Registration Friday is for the people that come in to town on Friday and want to enjoy the festivities at the wing house.

Registration Saturday is for the lazy fawkers like Dave that wont get there until 1/2 way thru the day. It closes at 11 though.

Pre registered people (online) will enjoy the FREE party Saturday night. We need a headcount to give to them. The only way to do that is to go off how many people pre register.

The Friday and Saturday registration events are to either pay if you dont online or to pick up your information packet, goodie bag, Jeep Beach Dog Tag (credential). You only have to do it once. BUT you do need to come to at least one of them. If you come in on Friday join us. If you come in Saturday we will start lining Jeeps up at 9am to register and get in the track. Word to the wise. We at 150 Jeeps last year. This year we expect 250-350. Saturdays line might get a little loooong.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Id gladly donate extra $ to be able to bring in my own beer - $ isnt the issue, I'd just like to be able to crack my own beers at my leisure. You guys serving liquor?

NU UH! I am going up thursday you bastard. AND, I was gonna volunteer my services to help you. So :thefinger: lol.

I have an honest question - I have camped the infield for races a few times and we always had access to water for our hoses (summer races). If I bring a kiddie pool and a hose for my son (kids get bored - and water rocks), will I be able to tap into some H20?

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Id gladly donate extra $ to be able to bring in my own beer - $ isnt the issue, I'd just like to be able to crack my own beers at my leisure. You guys serving liquor?

NU UH! I am going up thursday you bastard. AND, I was gonna volunteer my services to help you. So :thefinger: lol.

I have an honest question - I have camped the infield for races a few times and we always had access to water for our hoses (summer races). If I bring a kiddie pool and a hose for my son (kids get bored - and water rocks), will I be able to tap into some H20?
Awesome Dave! We could use the help for sure~
Yes, we will have access to water and power. One of the bouce houses is a slide that drop to a shallow pool. We are trying to decide if we are going to make it wet.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hey Rooster, this may be another simple question about registration, but are we suppose to receive anything in response to the registration to know we are registered or do we just show up at the show and check in.

You guys are doing a great job and I look forward to attending again this year. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
2,337 Posts
3) Registration closes at 11am on Saturday. We want to enjoy the event too. If you aint there by 11 :thefinger:
Ouch. Your making it fun for all of us Miami guys that have to drive up on Saturday because we work on Friday.:thefinger:

That's OK. When I get to registration I will point you out to my toddler boys and tell them "That's Jeff and he is the one that is responsible for you having to be up at 4:30AM!:bawling: Tell him you want raffle tickets or else!!" :thefinger:

See you in a couple weeks.

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey Rooster, this may be another simple question about registration, but are we suppose to receive anything in response to the registration to know we are registered or do we just show up at the show and check in.

You guys are doing a great job and I look forward to attending again this year. Keep up the good work.
Smokey, Im not handling the registration so let me check for you. I honestly cant remember what they were sending or if they just expected you to show. I can tell you that you will get your credentials and shirts (if you ordered any) when you check into registration. I appreciate the props! We have been working hard for you guys! Ive got another sponsor to add. Safari Straps has donated a BUNCH of stuff that would look killer on the Jeep.

Ouch. Your making it fun for all of us Miami guys that have to drive up on Saturday because we work on Friday.:thefinger:

That's OK. When I get to registration I will point you out to my toddler boys and tell them "That's Jeff and he is the one that is responsible for you having to be up at 4:30AM!:bawling: Tell him you want raffle tickets or else!!" :thefinger:

See you in a couple weeks.

LOL Sorry Moose! Hey you wouldnt want to wait too long or you'll miss all the fun! Hey I believe it was you that specifically asked what we were doing for your kids. How's 2 bounce houses and a snow cone vendor? LOL

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Just added 1 more! Look what Safari Straps .com donated to Jeep Beach! AND they are a JKO sponsor! Thank you Safaristraps.com!

Also so you guys know safaristraps.com has donated another raffle item that I didnt mention above. Its a JK 3 piece system. This proceeds of this raffle item will be given to the Blue Ribbon Coalition. You can find more info about this great organization at sharetrails.org so guys be prepared to donate to a worthy cause!

S

·
0 Posts
Just added 1 more! Look what Safari Straps .com donated to Jeep Beach! AND they are a JKO sponsor! Thank you Safaristraps.com!

You're more than welcome and it is our pleasure. Keep up the hard work, and I'm sure it will be a great event. Any event that is full of fun AND helps a charity at the same time is a win win event.

·
Registered
79 Posts

I got a confirmation email. I paid w/ a credit card

·
Premium Member
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Also so you guys know safaristraps.com has donated another raffle item that I didnt mention above. Its a JK 3 piece system. This proceeds of this raffle item will be given to the Blue Ribbon Coalition. You can find more info about this great organization at sharetrails.org so guys be prepared to donate to a worthy cause!

1 - 20 of 52 Posts