JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From my last update it should be obvious I decided to go with a lift. Being the cheapskate that I am I went with the Rough Country 3.25" Performance Lift. It included most of the brackets and relocators I was looking for along with 4 shocks all for $379. I did purchase a Rubicon Express front trac bar to complete the package.

Everything went entirely to plan during the install and I did it without any help. Easy enough:

I also installed a bash bar skid and some differential armor:

I gained 3.5" up front and 2.5" in the back. Everything leveled out just like the RC website said it would - I have exactly 21.5" of clearance under the rocker guards - front and back. The alignment shop had nothing but good things to say about all my mods, and more importantly they got me back in to alignment. I have a couple more skids to add and some Teraflex rear bump stops, but this is basically what the final product looks like after a few days of wrenching:

I'm extremely happy with the way everything turned out. For the record I give "lesser" brands like Rugged Ridge and Rough Country the cheapskate seal of approval.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
LOL, I am glad you approve...Jeep looks good:beer:

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Looks great. Now lose those damn doors and the hardtop so it looks like a jeep.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Jeep looks great, I got the same lift!
FYI : keep an eye on your RC shocks. My rears started to leak after 5 months, RC replaced them and now they're leaking again after 6 weeks.
I will be replacing them with Bilstiens 5100.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jeep looks great, I got the same lift!
FYI : keep an eye on your RC shocks. My rears started to leak after 5 months, RC replaced them and now they're leaking again after 6 weeks.
I will be replacing them with Bilstiens 5100.
Thanks for the tip! I plan to replace them with something better as funds allow. Then again, maybe I'll just keep hitting up RC for new ones. They're easy enough to replace. The ride feels great...for now. :)

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Kick ass man! That looks great with those flares!

I've had great luck with my RC shocks and coils. Measured the other night and next to my stock 2 door the unlimited is still sitting at 2" higher.

No leaks on my shocks either and I drive it like I stole it when I get to "borrow" it from the wife.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts