JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I would like to start by saying I haven't 100% made up my mind, but was thinking about doing a black hard top with tinted windows for a black soft top with tinted window swap plus some cash. Have any of you guys seen deals like that and if so, what do you think I should ask for cash wise in trade?

·
Registered
5,737 Posts
i think you should do it for an even swap for a khaki soft top with tinted windows... I think I know somebody that might intrested in that type of trade;)

Seriously though,
I've seen hardtops get sold for about $1000 and I've seen soft tops go for as little as $200 to $500.

I think it all depends on what the seller and the buyer agree on. To get a lot of intrest I'd say do the trade plus $200 and you should find somebody pretty quick. If you did the trade plus more money, it might take you awhile. I don't see too many people wanting a hardtop. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I wanted one for 6 years when I had a softy, but I miss my soft top now that the nice time of year in FL is approaching.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
just buy a soft top! and keep your hard top.

i'll sell you mine with everything to run it for 300 bucks. has some trail stripes on the windows but no holes. i'd have to dust it off and clean it up, but it's yours if you want it.

soft top
tinted windows
header channel
tailgate channel
all 4 door surrounds
all hardware.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I've got a black soft top I would be willing to trade, even-steven, if you can't find anybody who wants to put up the cash.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I got a soft top that a co worker of mine is selling, it is listed in the Classifieds. Brand new, never been installed or taken out of the box. We are in Winter Haven.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey man, how much cash we talking? i have a black soft top with tinted windows. I have been dying for a hardtop for a long time, pm me and let me know how much you were thinking and all and maybe we can work something out =D

-Zack

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
Hey man, how much cash we talking? i have a black soft top with tinted windows. I have been dying for a hardtop for a long time, pm me and let me know how much you were thinking and all and maybe we can work something out =D

-Zack
LOL! i was so going to say pm P Nasty... he will trade! haven't seen you in awhile man!

·
Registered
11 Posts
=D Yeah, not to get off topic, but ive been so busy havent been able to do anything with the jeeps or get online barely. I got a full scholarship for air traffic control school so thats what im doing now. Good to hear from you again =D

And i saw your jeep in boca, my brother LOVED it. But he still got a bmw instead for his first car...the little fag, i tried to talk him into a jeep.

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
=D Yeah, not to get off topic, but ive been so busy havent been able to do anything with the jeeps or get online barely. I got a full scholarship for air traffic control school so thats what im doing now. Good to hear from you again =D

And i saw your jeep in boca, my brother LOVED it. But he still got a bmw instead for his first car...the little fag, i tried to talk him into a jeep.
too late... thread derailed! LOL :laughing:
congrats on the schooling! you gotta come out to Jeeptoberfest!!!! would be a great platform for you and deathbyfire to do the hardtop soft top trade :grinpimp:

·
Registered
715 Posts
I will pay you a couple hundred and DRIVE :jeep2: TO TAMPA to do the Swap!! Let me know. I got the black softy with tinted windows...

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, does anyone know if the 2009 hard top fits 2007, 2008 and 2009? I am thinking about advertising this thing for sale and was just wondering.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Dave, I'll take it and I'll wire you SPAL fan at no charge. How can you pass that up FRIEND.:D:D:D

·
Registered
715 Posts
Did you find a soft top yet or are you still interested?

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just trying to get permission from my wife before making a move. That was one of the stipulations when I traded my 07 X for the Rubicon was that I had to trade for a hard top if I got a new Jeep. I have since gotten her a Sahara with a hard top, so I am not sure how she will lean on this one.

·
ADDICTION II build begins....
3,833 Posts
A guy out here in Hawaii is needing a hard top for his wife. His name is HAWNBEAR on here and sure he would be willing to work out a deal with you!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Just trying to get permission from my wife before making a move. That was one of the stipulations when I traded my 07 X for the Rubicon was that I had to trade for a hard top if I got a new Jeep. I have since gotten her a Sahara with a hard top, so I am not sure how she will lean on this one.
Tell her you will take her Sahara back if she doesn't let you do what you want. That's what I would do with my wife. Yeah, right.. :laughing2:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts