JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 6speed manual 07 unlimited and I have a question about a Pesticide like smell that occurs antime I need to get in it to get up a hill or if I'm just wheelin around the yard and have an obstical that requires a little more than average power.

Has anyone else expierenced this?
Is this normal on JK's, Jeeps, or autos in general?

I don't recall any truck I've ever had making this smell after moderate riding.

Thanks,
Eric

·
14ers
479 Posts
check for a jar of rat poison under the seats? :D

Seriously, are there any fluid leaks? Is it possible you are frying the clutch if manual? Is there a piece of plastic hung up underneath that touches the exhaust when at a certain angle? etc...

·
Registered
222 Posts
Do you notice if the smell is coming from the exhaust fumes, if so could possibly be from the catalytic converter...I noticed a similiar smell when I used to own an '88 toyota pu.....

·
Registered
449 Posts
If you were in any muddy stuff it could be that cooking on the exhaust. Mmmmm, stinky mud.

·
Registered
206 Posts
My guess is also the clutch.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My first thought was clutch as well. Maybe you're burning it up a little when you accelerate and don't completely take your foot off?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Proably Clutch

The fluids look fine and the clearence all checked out at all the different Jacked up angles I could get it in. I'm going to have the clutch checked as that's the most logical at this point.. I'll keep ya posted . Thanks guys for all the feedback!!

Got 32,000 on my JK and it is more fun than the day I bought it!!:bounce:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts