JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RJR is now carrying Unichip!

I just got this an hour ago, but I wanted the JK stuff up right away for you guys. Actually now all of the Jeep stuff is up, as well as the H3, FJ Cruiser, and more are coming in. We of course will list all of it except the car stuff. If you need one for a car though, just PM me.

http://www.rjroffroad.com/unichip-performance-modules-offroad-c-1291.html

19 program maps to choose from. Tuneable at Unichip tuning centers!

Buy it and we'll ship it free. Buy two or more (any make and model, ask if yours is available) and we'll 2-day them to you free! This goes for any Unichip for any vehicle, not just the Jeep stuff.

We're only listing the truck stuff, but there are Unichip apps available for many cars, trucks, and SUV's. Just ask!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Jason, does this thing allow the user to alter auto transmission shift points and shift firmness?

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jason, does this thing allow the user to alter auto transmission shift points and shift firmness?
Unichips can only be modified at an authorized Unichip tuning center that has the equipment to do so. But yes you they can change those variables. I believe they can also reprogram to adjust the speedometer and such. It may be possible to get a pre-adjusted map when you purchase too, I can talk to my Unichip guy about that.

This is the same system Supercharger companies like Hesco are using with their kits.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Unichips can only be modified at an authorized Unichip tuning center that has the equipment to do so. But yes you they can change those variables. I believe they can also reprogram to adjust the speedometer and such. It may be possible to get a pre-adjusted map when you purchase too, I can talk to my Unichip guy about that.

This is the same system Supercharger companies like Hesco are using with their kits.
Are there any authorized tuning centers in New England? I am ridiculously unhappy with the shift points as well as the TC lock up point. I'd love to be able to alter these parameters.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Are there any authorized tuning centers in New England? I am ridiculously unhappy with the shift points as well as the TC lock up point. I'd love to be able to alter these parameters.
Didn't find any.

Pull up the website www.unichip.us

on the left select your vehicle, and click search, it will load the unichip for the JK. Then on the right there is a link for dealer search. You know the area better than I do, maybe you can find something relatively close.

I can also talk to my rep about pre-adjusted map for you, usually just correcting for tire size remedies all the weird shifting issues.

·
Registered
900 Posts
usually just correcting for tire size remedies all the weird shifting issues.
Agreed.........but this situation isn't usual. When I was running the stock 29s the shift points were hosed. Look at the various forums and you will see that anybody who lives in hilly terrain, with low speed limits (35-45), thinks this transmission (and torque converter) $uck$. I would love to fix the problems electronically before resorting to the Advance Adaptors solution.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Agreed.........but this situation isn't usual. When I was running the stock 29s the shift points were hosed. Look at the various forums and you will see that anybody who lives in hilly terrain, with low speed limits (35-45), thinks this transmission (and torque converter) $uck$. I would love to fix the problems electronically before resorting to the Advance Adaptors solution.
Totally understandable. What size tires are you running now?

Do you know where you'd like to have the shift points set at?

I can see if I can have something pre-programmed for you, and then you'd at least be alot closer to somewhere you want to be. Then you could work from there with a tuning center, if you can find one within a reasonable distance.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Totally understandable. What size tires are you running now?

Do you know where you'd like to have the shift points set at?

I can see if I can have something pre-programmed for you, and then you'd at least be alot closer to somewhere you want to be. Then you could work from there with a tuning center, if you can find one within a reasonable distance.
I'm running 32s now and its not much worse. Then again, it's no better either. I'm working on where I'd like the shift points and TC lockup to be. I'll keep you posted. Also, I did find tuning centers that are a reasonable drive from here. They are in the next state over (Mass.), but in New England everything is close by. :D

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm running 32s now and its not much worse. Then again, it's no better either. I'm working on where I'd like the shift points and TC lockup to be. I'll keep you posted. Also, I did find tuning centers that are a reasonable drive from here. They are in the next state over (Mass.), but in New England everything is close by. :D

Yeah so with a tuning center nearby, you'd be good to go. all the parameters can be modified to your liking.

Keep in mind adjusting for tire size from 29" to 32" is going to change your shift points some right away, so from there you'll have to figure it out all over again.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Yeah so with a tuning center nearby, you'd be good to go. all the parameters can be modified to your liking.

Keep in mind adjusting for tire size from 29" to 32" is going to change your shift points some right away, so from there you'll have to figure it out all over again.
I appreciate all your effort on this issue. I'm going to drive it for a little while now that the 32s are mounted and try to determine exactly what I want for shift points and TC lockup. While I'm doing that, I'll be saving my pennies since this is the next mod. I'll be in touch. Thanks again. :)

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got an update for you guys.

In efforts to really start moving these products, I'd like to extend a price discount your way.

We are knocking an additional 5% off of the purchase price of any Unichip system. Currently I have someone working on updating the pricing. I would imagine that it will be complete within the hour.

Currently we list the Jk system for $606.99 + free shipping.

They should now list for $576.99 + free shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts