JKOwners Forum banner

Underhood light???

5K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  SUPERMAN 
#1 ·
I have forgotten about this, but I have a JK that was produced with no underhood light. When I went into the parts department last time, I asked about it as it was original equipment. The service manager stated that I needed to contact DC to get a claim number etc to have this added. Anyone done this or had success in getting one installed?

#5 · (Edited)
I went and got the blanket thingy from the dealer(pain in the ass), put in my own underhood light that's bright as hell (less than 10 bucks), and went to a salvage for my two footwell lamps(driver and passenger, less than 10 bucks).
Fighting with DC for this stuff is a chore. Unless you're already wired for the 'hood lamp, it may be tougher for you to get one, as they'd have to replace that section of harness.

#14 ·
i considered removing the hood "pad" to reduce ambient air temp around the engine, but im afraid that without it- the hood will lift and fold like a taco shell. Oh, also...my 08' (built in Nov/ Dec of 2007), has a cut-out in the pad...but came without any light as well. Dealer said "hoop-de-doop-de-gumdrops" when i asked him if it should've come with a light. I think they make up their own opinions and state them as facts...hoping that the customer won't dig any further...a$$holes...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.