JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
LED is definately the way to go. bright enough to see without being overly blinding. Plus they use lots less power and produce lot's less heat.

I went with Super Bright LEDS and got these
ALM-B 6
and simply glued them in place using Seal All Glue. I cleaned the place I was going to glue with brake/parts cleaner let it dry then applied some of the Seal All to the location I was going to put the light and then directly onto the back of the light. Waited about a minute for the glue to begin to set, then placed the light into place with a little bit of push to ensure a good seal then let go after about 30 seconds. No drilling no muss no fuss. ;)

I did recently have to re-glue a light into place after a season of wheeling. But it seemed as though I was being a little frugal with the glue and this was one of the first lights I glued into place. I reinstalled it and back to good to go.

Here are some pictures from my initial thread. http://www.jkowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57&highlight=rock+lights

I bought them for $4.00 but they have increased the price since then to $6-something.

A

·
0 Posts
Thanks for that link Michael. Can’t beat $6 a light! What gauge wire did you use?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts