JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just dropped my JK off at OK4WD - 4.88's go in tomorrow!!

Got my Fed Ex tracking number for my Red Rock Fab Pre-Runner bumper - I'm hoping to see it by Tuesday next week. My winch is sitting in my living room, and it looks really lonely, so I need my bumper!

Dealing with Red Rock Fab was perfect - they answered all my questions, and shipped on the day that they promised. Now all I need to do is save up a little more $$ so I can order the rear tire carrier to match my front!

JD

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Sounds like some wise modifications. You know you will be so much happier w/ the new gears. When I got my first winch, I felt invincible when going off road alone...then I realized the first time I got stuck, that there were no trees around...lol. Good investments though. :smokin:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Stub.

Yeah, I can already feel the invincible thing working its way into my psyche! I'm going to try to be good, but we'll see what happens.:devil: Thankfully there are alot of trees around here.

JD

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wait till you get stuck somewhere and the only thing to winch off of is behind you....
Not a problem - although it looks like I need to add a few more items to my recovery bag! Check out the video, it's pretty cool.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Envop0d-qAc&feature=related

By the way, I don't know if I would have the guts to try this, even if I did have all of the gear necessary. Just listening to him talk about stretching the frame makes me queazy!

JD

·
Super Moderator
15,337 Posts
Winch stories-

One time in my TJ, I was winching a guy out that was REALLY stuck (up to the doors in thick mud). Afterwards, I noticed that my winch had actually caused the frame to twist to the point that there was a dent on the drive side of the grill...from the frame & mounting plate flexing. Mounting bolts were still torqued, so it was simply due to the twisting motion. Crazy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts