JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 JK X model.

I am changing out the front driver's seat. I have found a replacement factory seat (used but supposedly from same model year) but the wiring harnesses under the seats are different. I have two wiring connector plugs under mine and the replacement seat only has one.

Any idea what each does?

The larger grey color harness plugs right in but the smaller yellow plug does not have a mate on the replacement seat. Can I run OK without the smaller yellow colored harness plugged in?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
I believe one harness is to tell when you're siting in the seat. The other is connected to the seatbelt latch to tell that you're wearing the belt.

I know for a fact that only the drivers side latch has wires running from it.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The yellow colored harness is probably for seat airbags.

·
Random Dude
3,042 Posts
Seat air bag? Like a lumbar support?
No, a small explosive pillow embedded in the outside vertical edge of the seat.

ee21fff1ed9167410d6b2ea94665fedc.jpg

I omitted that feature when I had my JK built (personal preference = simpler).

It also took the hassle out of swapping the stockers for Mastercrafts. :laughing:

EDIT: if you're shitcanning a stock seat with an unused airbag . . .
. . . man rules dictate you should extract the airbag and set it off in the yard :explode:

. . . let me know if you need more bad suggestions to help you piss off your neighbors :thefinger:

·
Registered
1,359 Posts

Yeah, What he ^^ said. Like the one in the steering wheel but to protect your noggin from bashing the B pillar in a side impact.

·
Registered
657 Posts
My Jeep has heated front seats, does yours?

It’s possible that one harness is for a heater.

But really, other than what’s already been mentioned I can’t off anything further.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, everyone for the help.

I got distracted by my job so hopefully I can get some more done on my seat thing soon.

I do not have seat heaters. I'll check for any side air bag stuff.

Besides NOT having seat airbags activated, any problems with leaving the air bag harness unplugged (if that is what it is) since there is not matiing connection?

·
Premium Member
4,089 Posts
The seatbelts themselves have a yellow wire with a funky connector running to them for the auto tighten function in an accident.

All the wires that go to things that explode are yellow with the same funky connector.

·
Premium Member
168 Posts

View attachment 337670

I omitted that feature when I had my JK built (personal preference = simpler).

It also took the hassle out of swapping the stockers for Mastercrafts. :laughing:

EDIT: if you're shitcanning a stock seat with an unused airbag . . .
. . . man rules dictate you should extract the airbag and set it off in the yard :explode:

. . . let me know if you need more bad suggestions to help you piss off your neighbors :thefinger:
This... is an excellent use for the three airbags I have sitting in my garage. Both seat side airbags and the passenger dash airbag will be set off soon.

To the OP, a 2.2ohm resistor across the wires in your jeeps airbag harness under the seat will trick the jeep into thinking its plugged in and will get rid of the airbag light you will have since the new seat doesn't have side airbags.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts