JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a new 2015 Sahara Unlimited. Came with Uconnect 430N RHB radio/Nav system. All worked great from the dealer pickup until the winter of 2016. One day the nav system was working fine. Then, the next day I get a prompt, unable to unlock maps and no detailed maps available. I have 32K miles on the jeep without extended warranty. The closest dealership is 2.5 hours from where I live. I was able to do a software update, so that was done. I was wondering if purchasing a new map update disc might resolve this issue??? Everything on the radio works fine. I can load music from a CD which I did as a test of the HD. While in the nav screen I can see elevation and the small vehicle on the screen and even city locations, but no map detail. When I contact the dealer they tell me I have to bring in the Jeep to have a diagnostic test ran. Again, 2.5 hours from dealer. Any suggestions? I did a search and no one seems to be having this same issue. Any help and suggestions appreciated.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I suspect this might be related to a failing or failed hard drive in the unit.... There used to be a guy selling images that could be installed onto a new hard drive and swapped in.... not sure where I had that info though. Google might kick it up.

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the same thing, but they are replacing the stereo under warranty. I don’t live 2.5 hours from a dealer, though. Is there a Chrysler dealer nearby?they could probably warranty it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a new 2015 Sahara Unlimited. Came with Uconnect 430N RHB radio/Nav system. All worked great from the dealer pickup until the winter of 2016. One day the nav system was working fine. Then, the next day I get a prompt, unable to unlock maps and no detailed maps available. I have 32K miles on the jeep without extended warranty. The closest dealership is 2.5 hours from where I live. I was able to do a software update, so that was done. I was wondering if purchasing a new map update disc might resolve this issue??? Everything on the radio works fine. I can load music from a CD which I did as a test of the HD. While in the nav screen I can see elevation and the small vehicle on the screen and even city locations, but no map detail. When I contact the dealer they tell me I have to bring in the Jeep to have a diagnostic test ran. Again, 2.5 hours from dealer. Any suggestions? I did a search and no one seems to be having this same issue. Any help and suggestions appreciated.
Hi, did you find resolve to this becuse I just bought a 2016 and the same thing is happening. And the same I live about 2 hrs from the dealer! UGH! Thanks!

·
Registered
915 Posts
And same has happened to my '15. Took it in for oil cooler and air bag recall, walked out with non functioning GPS. "Not our fault". Fucking dealers.

To be fair, probably not their fault and just shitty timing since it's such a prevalent thing with 15/16's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts