JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hurricanes in november? :shaking:

i may have to put the doors on. i dont mind rain with no doors, but when its blowing through the jeep sideways, its just no fun. i have monday and tuesday off, so we will see how it plays out.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I'm not puttin my doors on! When it rains sideways it just washes the inside for me :D

hmm.. guess I didn't realize we had a hurricane brewing.. maybe that's why I almost blew off the Skyway yesterday :laughing2:

·
Registered
179 Posts
Maybe the Corbett run will be all wet after all. :bounce:

·
Registered
166 Posts
$hit! I stopped checking the national hurricane center site a couple of weeks ago thinking we were already out the woods :shocked:

·
Registered
785 Posts
we can use the Rain :) But hate the winds :shaking:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
That's only because you haven't experienced one first hand. :eek:
Hurricane Charley was my first hurricane and coincidentally my first summer in Florida. Thought to myself... eh I've been through northern blizzards, nor easters, ice storms, might as well put a hurricane under my belt. I asked for it and got a cat 4 straight to where i live. :laughing: :shaking:
still had a hurricane party though:D well... if by party i mean a friend and a ton of beer, some chicken thighs, barbecue sauce, and a grill, and a couple hard hats (cuz he worked for comcast at the time LOL)

i don't care to go through another hurricane :shaking:

·
Registered
474 Posts
hurricanes in november? :shaking:

i may have to put the doors on. i dont mind rain with no doors, but when its blowing through the jeep sideways, its just no fun. i have monday and tuesday off, so we will see how it plays out.
I found that out the hard way to day . .had to drive from orlando to Vero Beach . . Miserable with the high winds :-/

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Rain God is a *****!

·
Registered
710 Posts
I have to admit I love anything cat 2 or less. And I've been through a lot of them. I remember going out in the eye of Hurricane David when I was like 3 or 4 years old. I still think it's cool when the storms come through at night to watch the green glow of the transformers popping. It's kind of exciting. Now, don't get me wrong.... I am NOT interested in going through a major hurricane - that's just a little too stressful. And the whole not having water or electricity for 2 weeks at a time kinda sucks ass. And getting threatened by an old man trying to run me over in his car in a gas station sucked too. Hurricane parties though are the way to go:beer::beer:

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Try driving a 28' rental truck through Miami after Andrew :thefinger:... Cutler Ridge, Country Walk, biscayne bay area..

Hit, Moose,I Drive Jeep may know what I'm taking about

We had the quads run through(Jeannie,charley,francis,etc) and were out of power for about 2 1/2 weeks, no problems, had generators,gas,water, sat TV,AC (window unit)... life was good

1 - 16 of 16 Posts