JKOwners Forum banner
1001 - 1020 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Happy with mine as well, only 600 miles on them though.

Still waiting on one brake like, been back ordered for months. Think I found one, hope it's home when I get there.

All the talk about the master cylinder to do it or not. It's the cheapest part of the build, and part of a safety concern for me. Just do it.

Running Hutchinson beadlocks 4.5bs and 37s for now.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I ordered the UD60s, Adams 1350s and hd17s along with some other items to compliment them.

It'll be a whole new heep. Shaved some weight on the back pocket too.

Thanks for the pointers fellas.

Reactions: cody48

·
Super Moderator
6,270 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
I'm finishing up my install of the UD60s this weekend. I plan to weld a brace on the front track bar bracket since I have hydro assist mounted to it. I also plan to add some welds to the rear control arm brackets and such just to be safe.

I've also heard of a couple people having issues with the wheel bearings being loose from the factory and the hub start wobbling after a few miles of driving. Anyone here had that issue? Any idea what the torque spec is on the wheel bearings as I'd prefer to pull them apart and torque properly before going out for a test drive?

·
Registered
8,354 Posts
I've also heard of a couple people having issues with the wheel bearings being loose from the factory and the hub start wobbling after a few miles of driving. Anyone here had that issue? Any idea what the torque spec is on the wheel bearings as I'd prefer to pull them apart and torque properly before going out for a test drive?
Straight from a Dana rep:

Torque procedure:
Torque retainer assembly to 95 Newton-Meters.
Back off 90 degrees minimum
Final torque 20-27 Newton Meters

This should give you an end play measurement of .001-.003 Inches

·
Registered
528 Posts
Anyone install these with King Coils from EVO? Are the raised trackbar mount and rockstar brackets even needed for the install?
Not 100% sure but I don't think the rockstar skids will fit on the UD60 lower control arm bracket due to the additional thickness of the bracket vs the D44's you had.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Not 100% sure but I don't think the rockstar skids will fit on the UD60 lower control arm bracket due to the additional thickness of the bracket vs the D44's you had.
EVO has a rockstar bracket for 60s. Not sure if they would fit but it can be done as my shop actually had to cut the bracket to fit on my Artec lower control arms on my SD60. Different axle but shows that it can be done even if it doesn't fit exactly, just takes some cutting and welding.

·
Registered
43 Posts
EVO has a rockstar bracket for 60s. Not sure if they would fit but it can be done as my shop actually had to cut the bracket to fit on my Artec lower control arms on my SD60. Different axle but shows that it can be done even if it doesn't fit exactly, just takes some cutting and welding.
Yes, you guys are right. EVO happily agreed to exchange out my lower brackets. :grin2:
@BigPrince, did your U-Bolts for the TrackBar bracket fit ok?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Has anyone had any quality issues with these axles? I purchased a set a year ago and they are showing some rust and the paint is flaking. Is this normal?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I love to see those calipers in an ass shot! HUGE.

·
Registered
38 Posts
hopefully about to order a set myself within the week.any advice to ease installation?Master cylinder part number and any other pointers to prepare for are much appreciated.

·
The Wheelin Man's Friend
8,653 Posts
hopefully about to order a set myself within the week.any advice to ease installation?Master cylinder part number and any other pointers to prepare for are much appreciated.
Give me a shout before you order. I can get you set up with everything you need at a great price with free shipping and I will be there for any tech support you need along the way as well.

I don't have the master cylinder as an option in our package deal, but I should have one in stock when you're ready for them.

Ultimate Dana 60 Package - Includes 1350 Drivelines

Thanks!

Marcus

1001 - 1020 of 1030 Posts