JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We built a Jeep JK for BFGoodrich to use during the Petersen's Magazine 2008 Ultimate Adventure Tour. We started with a 2008 Silver Unlimited X and added the following parts.

Performance: Adventure Innovations Supercharger with Custom Exhaust

Drivetrain: Rear-Currie Iron Jock Dana 60 Axle with Currie Axle shafts, Detroit locker 5.38 gears and Billet Pinion Yoke from West Coast Differentials. Front-Currie Iron Jock Dana 60, Superior Inner and Outer Shafts, Dynatrac Outer Knuckles with Stub Hub Conversion and Dynaloc Hubs, CTM U-Joints, Detroit Locker, 5.38 gears and Billet Pinion Yoke from West Coast Diff. Atlas II transfercase with the 4.3 ratio, PSC Hydraulic Assist System, Auxillary Transmission Cooler, Six States 1350 Driveshafts front and rear.

Suspension: 12" Travel 2.5" Body Air Shocks, 2" 7075 Aluminum Lower Control Arms with Currie Johnny Joints, 1.75" Aluminum Upper Control Arms in the rear with Currie Johnny Joint, Front upper control arms are dom with the Johnny Joint, Currie Anti Rock Sway Bars were used front and rear. Poly Perfomance Brackets were used to mount the track bar, lower control arms, and shocks. 1.5" 7075 Solid Aluminum Tie Rod and Drag link with Tera Flex Tie Rod Ends.

Protection: Our own custom front bumper with grill hoop, our rock sliders, Expedition One rear bumper and tire carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Roll Cage, fuel cell skid plate and T-case skid plate, Kilby Evap Cannister Relocation kit, American Expedition Corner Guards, Xenon Flat Fenders,

Interior: Mastercraft Baja Reclining Seats and Brackets, Bestop Tonneau Cover and Safari Bikini

Tires and Wheels: 40x14.50r17 BFGoodrich KM2 Tires on Walker Evans Beadlocks.

Maybe more. I will remember as I go.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Adventure Innovations Supercharger!!!!!! Go fast...... for a 3.8L anyways!
This is hands down the most complete kit on the market. New injectors, computer, intercooler, and more. I am going to do a full explanation and show the parts that came with the kit.

Attachments

·
Registered
314 Posts
That is the setup I was going to go for but compcut 2dr with extended wheelbase. Looks nice though can't wait to see the finished product.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The JK is finished and on the trip, I just didn't have time to snap any more pics while we were trying to finish it. We did all of the work on about 10 working days. The Jeep drove about 650 miles from Logan to Sturgis, then wheeled the Black hills in South Dakota on Sunday and was on a 350 mile road trip today. I will post pictures of it in action early next week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Looking forward to more pics!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Why the airshocks? For a highend vehicle for BFG, coilovers should have been a no-brainer. Particularly with that much weight and street miles.

And why a 4 link front instead of 3 link with trackbar? Particularly given the way the drivers side upper is mounted over the diff cover.

Interesting choices.

·
Registered
573 Posts
Can't wait to see the writeup on the supercharger and the article in the magazine! I wonder how their SC will do on the trail and road. I hope they tow something with the JK (why I have my SC). Any rumors when it will be available? (Or i it yet another test mule that will always be in development and never released (a.k.a. Ripp)) I have questions for them.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I am not a fan of the three link front with a track bar. These axles are over 70" wheel mount to wheel mount. Having only 1 upper link with that much leverage and 40" tires is an accident waiting to happen (in my opinion). The upper links actually have no clearance issues and the geometry of the suspension is right where we wanted it. I wanted to try the air shocks to see how they would work on the Jeep. I would never have tried to put 2" body shocks on,but the 2.5" shocks have worked awesome on the trip so far. If you are familiar with Sway Away shocks the 12" coil overs have the same dimensions as the air shocks. I have coil overs waiting if I feel the Jeep needs it. I think that there will be no better test for the shocks than the Ultimate Adventure. I will let you know my opinion when the trip is over.

·
Registered
169 Posts
THANK YOU THANK YOU!! FINALLY someone has posted pictures of the Unicorn Supercharger system by Adventure Innovations...sheesh...I would like to see the ENTIRE kit if at all possible. And i still can't figure out why companies are using Vortech's?? They are good, but the Self contained units by Procharger are just awesome. Regardless, I am REALLY glad to finally see a pic of the kit.

We have for SC companies:

Avenger Superchargers
Hesco Supercharger
RIPP Motorsports
and finally
Adventure Innovations

Looking forward to the kit pictures etc..

Thanks again. AWESOME JEEP!!

Doug

·
Registered
169 Posts
Adventure Innovations Supercharger!!!!!! Go fast...... for a 3.8L anyways!
This is hands down the most complete kit on the market. New injectors, computer, intercooler, and more. I am going to do a full explanation and show the parts that came with the kit.

Bumping up so as not to forget to add that write up and additional pics of what is in the package etc... Thank

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yeah, like I said, I hope the Adventure Innovations SC doesn't turn out to be vaporware, like the RIPP seems to be. (RIPP seems to drop drive by posts about how great we are.....then nothing. I'd like to see a couple of REAL customers post about their product with REAL world experience rather than what the sales guy for the org seems to do with RIPP.) Oh, it'd also be nice if AVENGER would do the same. Maybe they're all finding out that the computer controlled JK Automatic is casting engine fault codes at their implementation ('s why I'm interested in the replacement computer implementation of the Adventure Innovations model).

So one totally tweaked test mule doesn't make for a real world product. Heck, send me one and I'll be glad to do a before/after comparison with my Hesco implementation. :laughing: Shoot, I might even buy it! :grinpimp:

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Are the fender flares Xenon? And did you guys fab up the rear corner guards?

Overall the rig is looking good. Please keep posting pics...

·
Registered
169 Posts
Are the fender flares Xenon? And did you guys fab up the rear corner guards?

Overall the rig is looking good. Please keep posting pics...
yup from their first post its at the end so, if you didn't scroll over you didn't see it.

American Expedition Corner Guards, Xenon Flat Fenders,

Thing is freaking cool!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts