JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever been to a UFC event? What's it like? Is it worth an 8 hour drive?

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Depends on where you're sitting. I used to love my seats at the old Pride FC shows....as they used a boxing ring, so 3rd row got a nice view. The cage the UFC uses presents another challenge....seeing through a fence. If your seats are up on the second stair level, then you can get a nice view into the top of the cage.

If the tix are free or you have a large group going to have fun, then do it. Or if you have a luxury box and can watch a big screen.

The fan expos are really nice to go to. If you've never met any of these guys, you'd be surprised how nice they are in real life.

·
4,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The tickets are free, I'm not too sure where they are at... There are 4 of us going to Vegas but only 2 of us are going to see it. I'm thinking that since it's in Vegas it will be worth the drive :laughing:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Then get a hotel and have fun. Is it at the Mandalay or the Thomas and Mack Center?

·
Banned
16,618 Posts
The tickets are free, I'm not too sure where they are at... There are 4 of us going to Vegas but only 2 of us are going to see it. I'm thinking that since it's in Vegas it will be worth the drive :laughing:
That would be all I needed to hear. If the event isn't enjoyable, you can go hit The Strip and gamble.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
A) It greatly depends on who's fighting.

B) Beware free tickets ...I skipped Rousch on Saturday for M&G backstage tickets to Eric Church and Jason Aldean. The person offering the tickets is (maybe was) a good friend with access ...I spent 2 hours standing at will call only to go home. STILL PISSED!!!!!

C) http://youtu.be/a5hbIV010bM

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
That would be all I needed to hear. If the event isn't enjoyable, you can go hit The Strip and gamble.
agreed... seeing as how they are free, and its vegas, id say go for it, lots of other things to get you into trouble if your not impressed with the fights...

in all honesty tho, we have more fun watching them at home and having a party, but again, we didnt have tix the the fights in vegas:thefinger:

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
MGM Grand, I think.
Might still be able to find some decent rates. There's an all suites type place owned by the Marriott. Is right across the street from Planet Hollywood....right down the alley from MGM. If you're looking for a deal, that might be the way to go. Stayed there for SEMA and it was in stumbling distance from pretty much everything.

·
Registered
162 Posts
No matter where your seats are just know you'll watch the majority of the fight on the screens. I've been to a ton of ufc fights and many at MGM, you'll love a live fight. You really can't match the excitement of the crowd in the arena versus on tv. Like everyone said, if it's not your thing you're still in Vegas. Btw, the main event has been scrapped due to injuries, still a decent card though.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Ive been to about 5 UFC events you should defiantly go... and if its in Vegas it will be a great show for sure.. thats where most of the good ufc event happen... should be a great time :beer: if your used to watching them on tv you will really enjoy the live event in person .. have fun !!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts