1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
689 Posts
Just another reason I don't have that crap. DARPA (IIRC the acronym correctly) did the same thing to a toyota and ford. Screw connecting any of my vehicles to the 'interweb'.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Pretty sure the security issue is only on the cellular data/wifi enabled 8.4" uConnect equipped vehicles. Ours just has a little box with bluetooth tied to the radio. The 8.4" is completely integrated in the whole vehicle. You can change all sorts of vehicle settings in it, and also use cellular data to use apps within the radio. The Wrangler has still not ever been equipped with he new 8.4" uConnect.

·
Registered
79 Posts
FYI - if you have Uconnect you need to update your software for security.

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

To me, this isn't a huge surprise. No idea why people think they need their cars, refrigerators, toilets? ... connected to the interwebs. :suicide:
Just FYI, Chrysler/Dodge/Fiat/Jeep did this, not the people whom bought the vehicles. I love my uconnect for hands free when I am driving down the road as no one should pick-up a cell phone while driving! Texting is illegal in Florida but since they made it a secondary type law, people don't care and do it anyways! IDIOT"S!

From what I have read, no Jeep Wranglers have this problem. Just the Jeep Cherokee's ,Dodge trucks, and a few other Chrysler/Dodge vehicles.
I check the VIN for my 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S and there is no required update.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Pretty sure the security issue is only on the cellular data/wifi enabled 8.4" uConnect equipped vehicles. Ours just has a little box with bluetooth tied to the radio. The 8.4" is completely integrated in the whole vehicle. You can change all sorts of vehicle settings in it, and also use cellular data to use apps within the radio. The Wrangler has still not ever been equipped with he new 8.4" uConnect.
This may be correct.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts