JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,356521,00.html

What is wrong with our government and military leadership? Personally I couldn't care less if any and every soldier used a koran or bible for target practice (the latter of which means something to me). The problem I have with this thing is this excerpt:

"The commander also read a letter of apology by the shooter, and another military official kissed a Koran and presented it to the tribal leaders, according to CNN."​

Should this piss me off as much as it does?

·
Registered
774 Posts
It definately is BS to do that in a foreign country. it is totally degrading their beliefs.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
If the news of this "event" never got out, I'm sure he would have been awarded a Silver Star for Cojones Grandes.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I have only one thing to say about a US soldier using the Koran for target practice. GOOD:pissed::thefinger:

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess I'm the only one outraged by the fact that a military official kissed the Koran as a show of appeasement. I can even understand making a public apology for using the koran as target practice -- even if in principle I don't agree with making an apology. But kissing it?

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I guess I'm the only one outraged by the fact that a military official kissed the Koran as a show of appeasement. I can even understand making a public apology for using the koran as target practice -- even if in principle I don't agree with making an apology. But kissing it?
I dunno. I kind of look at it like Bluto from Animal House when he smashed the guitar. "Sorry."

Although who has enough time on their hands over there to see who's using what for target practice?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Although who has enough time on their hands over there to see who's using what for target practice?[/quote]

Someone obviously reported the issue. Reported it to the locals, now they think it news worthly to report in the US. Anything to sensationalize the story. Seriously, it's a book with words. It means something to somepeople. Should it have been used as target practice, No, it's a rather blatant insult. I would put it up there with burning a US flag.

Sounds rather blown out of porportion, but here we are talking about the media news story, so their at least happy.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
Although who has enough time on their hands over there to see who's using what for target practice?
Someone obviously reported the issue. Reported it to the locals, now they think it news worthly to report in the US. Anything to sensationalize the story. Seriously, it's a book with words. It means something to somepeople. Should it have been used as target practice, No, it's a rather blatant insult. I would put it up there with burning a US flag.

Sounds rather blown out of porportion, but here we are talking about the media news story, so their at least happy.[/QUOTE]

...and the burning of the US flag is considered free speech by the Supreme Court, therefore I find nothing more needs to be done...court martials, Article 15's, Captain's Mast, Office Hours???? I call BS on that...when these ingrates begin to pay 100% for the cost of this war that has been so politicized, then I say these JO's have something to say...until then, screw 'em...as far as they are concerned, the value of an American life is less then zero.:pissed:

·
Registered
147 Posts
"another military official kissed a Koran" PISSED ME OFF. I agree with the commander making an apology I also agree with removing the soldier from Iran. I do not agree with anyone in the US military honoring ANY religious icon for any reason. I would feel the same if he had kissed a bible or anything else. The US military should show no favoritism nor contempt for any religion and should be impartial when it comes to these matters. Apologize for one of your soldiers getting a little out of line and offending those in the country you are in but that's it. Kissing the Koran is like saying I put this above other things. Nope not the right thing and never should have happened.

·
Registered
3,608 Posts
"another military official kissed a Koran" PISSED ME OFF. I agree with the commander making an apology I also agree with removing the soldier from Iran. I do not agree with anyone in the US military honoring ANY religious icon for any reason. I would feel the same if he had kissed a bible or anything else. The US military should show no favoritism nor contempt for any religion and should be impartial when it comes to these matters. Apologize for one of your soldiers getting a little out of line and offending those in the country you are in but that's it. Kissing the Koran is like saying I put this above other things. Nope not the right thing and never should have happened.

Boot licks...that's all...feel familiar...should this post count?:rolleyes:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts