JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my JK, I wanted to have the U-Connect feature on the stereo enabled, but the salesman said it wasn't available "as it is", and it would cost another $800 to get it hooked up. Doesn't sound right, but being a Jeep isn't the quietest ride (I run a soft-top), maybe the gang at Jeep never expected it to work right. I've got it on a Durango, and it's a pretty ok system.

Has anyone got any experience with U-Connect in a JK? I work mainly on military bases, and they have strict rules about "Total Hands-Free" only on mobile phones - it's a very efficiently issued $75 ticket so a co-worker tells me. Personally, I'd rather listen to music and wind when I wear my daily driver hat, but out of convenience I'm looking into hands-free. Either using this system or a Palmetto Bug in my ear (not fond of 'em).

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
I added it with the MyGig. I got a mic from Coastal when I bought their decoder. Their mic sucks. Good at idle but get the Jeep rolling (with a hardtop) and you have to lean way far forward to be heard... I will probably order the Mopar mic...

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have the U-Connect working on my non MyGIG radio. If you have MyGIG you only need the microphone and the latest software update. If you have a non-MyGIG like mine, then you need the UConnect module kit. It has a list price of $250, but my dealer sold it to me for $200. The module also has to be activated with StarScan, which my dealership charged a half hour labor for. It was defintely worth it, I've been very pleased and it works great.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.