JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've switched out everything that made my JK a "Rubicon" except the automatic sway bar disconnect. Well, that's broken now...typical. I think it's safe to say I voided my warrantee long ago. Anyone have a guesstimation on how much this would cost to fix?

If it's going to be crazy expensive, then I'm thinking about just swapping it out with an "X" model sway bar, which I can then manually disconnect. Is that possible?

As for how it broke...I'm not sure. It was acting funny before. I would hit the button and the light would just blink...wouldn't disconnect. Other times it disconnected without a problem. I was thinking it was just a loose wire or something, but the guy who's working on my Jeep said it's definitely broken and think it's going to cost a pretty penny to fix.

·
Registered
140 Posts
If you have to replace the whole system, it costs like $1300 (http://www.quadratec.com/products/52446_112.htm). You might be able to pull one out of a junk yard somewhere but I'm sure they will still want to charge you alot.

It might be possible for you to just replace the whole thing with an aftermarket swaybar and some manual disconnects for a couple of hundred dollars.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Jason:
I'm not an expert but when you have a moment or two you might snoop around at "TheJeep.com".

While I can not find Electronic Sway Bar Disconnect, using the sight's search engine (top right corner) and typing "sway bar disconnect", they seem to have a bunch. Not 2007 and up but I believe they have a 1-800 number. Perhaps a call to these guys might give you a more concrete lead to finding a good, cheap solution.

There is a guy on here called PhilD, I think. He always seems to provide good and pratical solutions. He might be able to give you an insight or two.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fortunately I have a friend who has a friend who owns a Jeep dealership. When I get back to FL next week we're taking it in there to see what they can do (they have already been given a heads up and are expecting me). Just in case that doesn't work out, I thought I'd see what my other options are.

$1300...no way Jose...ain't gonna happen. I think I'll try swapping it out for a manual disconnected one for a heck of a lot less. I have to get out of my Jeep anyway to lock my hubs, so disconnecting the sway bar while I'm out won't be a big deal.

Thanks for the responses!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.