JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PART #1---- go to start and click....second attempt it turns over for about 5 seconds...then starts....It's random though, sometimes it fires right up!....feels electrical...I HATE ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS:bawling:

Possibles...

a) Starter

b) Ignition switch

c) Bad ground

PART #2---- I'm going through some water right, slow and not deep; about a foot or so...the Jeep sputters, chokes and shuts off....on acceleration there is a spark knock....so I figured ****...I have water in my tank...put some water remover in the gas and knock is gone...I should have thrown a code if there is a vacuum leak right ?....WHERE IS THERE A POTENTIAL LINE THAT RUNS THAT LOW ON THE JEEP TO SUCK UP WATER?....I also thought bad ground wire but I didn't see anything that low and disturbed....

(side note, I recently bashed my gas tank skid hard enough to dent it and smash the tank against the tub anything fuel related goin on here?)

·
Registered
6,371 Posts
try your other key
sounds weird but I remember someone had funky starting problems and it turned out to be a bad circuit board in the key
other than that, maybe cam position sensor ?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Could you have hit your tank hard enough to hit your fuel pump? Sounds like a possible faulty fuel pump to me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had the same problem (re: starting). They replaced the cam sensor, and commented that it's been a service bulletin. It's going in for it's second sensor replacement next week! Is this a common problem? I'm going to insist the dealer look deeper into it, because if I have to have it replaced again I will not be happy!

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
cam sensor and/or crank sensor can cause both of the problems you are describing.

a quick scan with an OBDII scanner can tell you. usually an o'reilly automotive will scan it for free. if one is the problem, you should really replace both sensors.

i highly doubt that the water remover was what fixed the problem.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.