JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so this followed me home last night. well it's paperwork did anyway. won't pick it up until we get some decent weather. probably 4 weeks or so.

never been a power boater but I think it will be a fun addition to the family.

Stingray 208LS 4.3 eng

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
Technically the two best days of boat ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell it

In between just like a jeep except the jeep is actually a cheaper hobby🤣

Boats are $ hogs-lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
edit title: "one half of the best days to be a boat ownership".

Hell what do I know. I put in a pool last year. It was finished in late September, too cold to swim. Still to cold to swim in the damn thing, but making payments all along. :suicide:

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Technically the two best days of boat ownership are the day you buy and the day you sell it

In between just like a jeep except the jeep is actually a cheaper hobby🤣

Boats are $ hogs-lol

yep, I started to title it I had one of the best days of boat ownership. this is the first motor boat I have had in a number of years though.

·
Premium Member
4,949 Posts
yep, I started to title it I had one of the best days of boat ownership. this is the first motor boat I have had in a number of years though.
Boats are for sure fun and expense can be pretty dependent upon use/location etc.

We used to pay a small fortune for a slip that was an hour 45 from the house because you can imagine dragging a 20' land anchor back and forth that distance just to fish delaware bay. Throw in fuel cost double at the dock than filling up at the station and then burning a quarter to half a tank trolling etc. Each time out in addition to the 1/2 tank of car gas used just to get back and forth.

A lake boat/barge would be the only thing I would contemplate now. If I want to i'll surf fish or grab a charter boat but my days of paying $50lb for weakfish/striped bass/fluke are over.

Enjoy the new toy

·
Registered
659 Posts
Congrats hope you enjoy it for many years.

I live “water front” on the 2nd largest lake in Texas, and won’t own another boat.

In fact, we gave our last PWC (jet ski) away because it sat for two years after our daughter went to college. Both of those years we paid to winterize AND make ready for summer, and it never got put in the water.
Now I can borrow it if I want.

Boats are a blast, we just didn’t use enough to justify the cost, and again we literally live waterfront , and our subdivision has a private ramp.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I live on the lake and I watch the boats go by. But I am a little different because I was essentially raised in a marine dealership.
I have friends that would rather lose their house than lose their boat. If your family is on board then it will be a lot of fun.
Your boat is the right one to buy and should be good on fuel. Nothing worse that something fast that you can't afford to operate.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks guys. it has been many years in the making for this decision. I have been sailing for about 10 years. family "likes" sailing to get on the water but wanted to try a power boat. we have been to the boat show every year for the last 20 years I think. LOL

this one seemed like an easy choice. big enough to bring friends out, small enough to go by myself if I want.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
nice pic.

bet they can't wait

hell my son is 27 and he can't wait for mine to get here

·
Banned
5 Posts
Huh, totally agree on that one that the best two days are the day you buy it and the day you sell it. In my case it was also the day I bought the now stabilizer for my boat. The waves were really big and something has broken and the boat stopped to work properly because of the stabilizer.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Huh, totally agree on that one that the best two days are the day you buy the boat and the day you sell it. In my case it was also the day I bought the now stabilizer for my old boat. The waves were really big the other day and something has broken and the boat stopped to work properly because of the stabilizer. I did it in a pretty cool shop from my city. I can surely recommend the store to you too, because we all know how often those boats have problems. Even if we talk about those little problems, it is pretty annoying! That being said, wish you a good sail, man, and a big fish to everyone here, gentlemen!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts