JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One is a heartless, evil monster bent on destruction and hatred. The other is Freddie from Nightmare On Elm Street.

·
Registered
437 Posts
just because you have to pass a pee test to get your welfare check com-on Karn your better that that

could be worse Jep Bush is think on running for Pres

:thefinger::beer::beer::beer::beer:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
jeb bush was a decent guy the turd we have now is a mother fucker.
the only welfare he likes is corporate welfare:thefinger:

·
Registered
268 Posts
Rick Scott cut funds to education by millions. Many of my friends have lost their teaching jobs and I was forced to move schools.....cock sucker! :thefinger:

·
Registered
130 Posts
I love reading about people's political opinions on the internet! Anybody have any opinions on health care reform and affirmative action?

·
Registered
268 Posts
Dont get me started........can of worms opened.

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Democrats are too conservative.

But I do have fun doing my part to sabotage the republican nominations in the primaries. Last time, it worked! Old man McCain got nominated!

·
Registered
2,247 Posts
I'm a registered republican.
Dude, that's funny. I'm registered Democrat, but vote primarily Republican. Last election was the first time I voted a split ticket in forever.

"Let's get to work" was his slogan during the election. Work...where? He's cutting state jobs, county and municipal are going to shit, private sector is shakey at best, he shot down light rail (still on the fence about that) which cost several construction jobs much less the workers it would take tto maintain it.

Best thing he did was make the playing field a little more level for those who collect state funds. If I have to take a piss test to maintain my check, so should the welfare recipients. I already a ton of motivation not to do dope besides the random piss test. Now if they just make them responsible for some sort of communtiy service to pay for the check. At least the people who pay MY salary get something in return.

The retirement shit still has me reeling. If you say "starting today, anyone hired will have to do X, X, X, X and X" I'd be fine with that. But, to change the rules of the game in the 7th inning is total BULLSHIT.

Let me preach on.

Some 15-16 years ago, I signed a pice of paper that I fully understood I would be kicked, hit, spit on, shot at, stabbed, cussed out, hated and expected to do the impossible for little pay. The flip side was the next piece of paper that I signed that said in lieu of a bigger paycheck that I could have recvieved in the private sector, I would recieve health benefits, vacation, sick time AND retirement. With all hopes of reaching retirement age, of course.

For those who don't know, the state DOES NOT pay county and city workers' retirement. If the individual municipality participates in FRS, they pay it. So, Skeletor isn't saving the State that much money. The money goes into an account which is invested and it is the only financial thing in the state that's self sufficient. It's also the one thing in the state finances Skeletor himself can't touch. The program he's enacting.....can be touched.

Hmmmmm....guy who ripped off medicaire now has hands on thousands of employees FUTURE, all disguised as saving the taxpayer some money (think back to Ammendment 1).

Before, every hour I WORKED....let me repeat that....WORKED, counted toward my retirement. That included overtime. So, when I worked OT, that went toward my today as well as my tomorrow. Now, only 100 hours OT a year goes to my retirement. I can do that in a month and a half.

DROP. You can call it double dipping all you want, but you're still getting something from the ones doing the dipping. They have to WORK to get their retirement as well as their DROP. This keeps (in most cases) skilled workers in the workforce, if they so desire, for another 5 years. That's 5 years they don't have to hire and train another employee. The amount of employees in DROP sounds staggering if you look at statewide numbers, but when you look at individual municipalities, it's insignificant.

I'm ALLEGEDLY 10 years from retirement. That'll put me at 54 which is perfect. Old enough to need to rest and young enough to enjoy it. Even with DROP it would have been 59, which isn't horrible. Now, I have to scramble and make the most out of the next 10 years I can so I can afford to retire. To do that I've had to make some sacrifices to my way of life as well as my credit. I know, boo fucking hoo. Now you're like the rest of the USA. In many ways I agree with that. But, like I said, it's shitty to change the rules this late in the game and expect the quality of play to be the same.

Then there's education. I really believe that children are our future. Teach them well....damn, I gotta leave the 80's. Education is already on shaky ground. Take more teachers out of the classroom, which is an county by county decision based on lack of of funds from the state, and expect the results to be the same. Schools are having to make hard decisions about what to keep and what to cut. Hopefully the school leaders will choose wisely, which in my county's case is asking way too much.

So, yeah...fuck Skeletor.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Then there's education. I really believe that children are our future. Teach them well....damn, I gotta leave the 80's. Education is already on shaky ground. Take more teachers out of the classroom, which is an county by county decision based on lack of of funds from the state, and expect the results to be the same. Schools are having to make hard decisions about what to keep and what to cut. Hopefully the school leaders will choose wisely, which in my county's case is asking way too much.
I wholeheartedly agree with your view on this. My wife, a teacher (soon-to-be assistant principal), is basically screwed due to "Skeletor's" (I like the description) bullshit and ridiculous views of education. The problem with loosing teachers is that the teachers we do keep aren't that great, or they are pissed about the system being soooo screwed up that they sacrifice worthwhile practices due to spite. My wife spent hundreds of dollars every year just to make sure that kids had their proper supplies, etc. The schools didn't reimburse her for any of that. Under Scott's regime, these things aren't even accounted for. Just my 1/4 penny on it.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Golden flow

I agree it's wrong to change the rules "in the 7th inning", but the state's going broke. What would you cut?

BTW, gotta love drug tests for welfare recipients. Now if we could just have them for elected officials...:thefinger:

·
Banned
10,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sounds like a good idea - drug tests for welfare recipients...

Problem: we pay for it.

Another problem: Scott has vested interest in drug test centers (google it).

Another problem: Anyone can beat a drug test. I took tests stoned out of my mind and beat them back in the 90s. I would say that of all the tests I have taken, I should have failed about 90% of them but never failed one.

Yeah - great plan.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts