JKOwners Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help form anybody who has replaced the dash speakers in a 2012 JKU. I'm replacing my factory front speakers and tweeters with the Alpine SPR-60C and I have a question.

How do you get the tweeters out of the pods?

I stopped at Cartoys and they could not tell me because they have not done any yet and they checked their books and could not find anything. They think they might just pop out or you have to turn them like a quarter of a turn.

Please help!
Thanks!
Mark

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey man, they just pop out and of course back in. I'm currently slowly replacing the sound system. I have replaced the overhead speakers first, and I am now trying to figure out exactly how the front speakers and tweeters are set up before i replace them....

If you figure them out, let me know....

·
R.I.P. Mr. Nibbles!
8,945 Posts
Hey man, they just pop out and of course back in. I'm currently slowly replacing the sound system. I have replaced the overhead speakers first, and I am now trying to figure out exactly how the front speakers and tweeters are set up before i replace them....

If you figure them out, let me know....
The tweeters on the 2011-12 pop out with a little careful prying on the outermost bezel. They are wired in series to the head unit along with the dash speakers to create the proper impedance. It would probably be wise to choose a set of seperates and run your own wire from the crossover to each driver or select dash speakers and tweeters that can create the proper impedance if you use the series wiring of the factory harness. The tweeters are the only thing I haven't replaced yet, they are next. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.