JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Trying to upload several pictures, but found that:
1. Most are too large, resizing them with third party app, they look odd, with white frame around
2. I can generally get about three pics uploaded in various posts, then I get an error message which makes me have to delete the attachments!
Thanks for the help!

·
Administrator
731 Posts
You could resize them in a free program like Paint for example. How are you uploading your images when you get the error message that makes you delete the attachments? Are you using the Drag and Drop File upload or going to the Go Advanced option and using the attachments tool (paperclip icon)?

Also what device/browser are you using?

Thanks,
Natalie

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm doing this from my iPad Air 2. Yes, I am using the advanced and attachment method.
What is funny, I uploaded pictures into my garage about two months ago and it all worked great. Maybe this new iPad has a higher resolution camera?

Whould it help to store pics on a third party site? I see many use photobucket?

Thanks!!

·
Administrator
731 Posts
Maybe a couple of weeks ago that would've been a good idea, but Photobucket recently changes all their rules about hosting and to do so now would cost you $400 a year. Happened last week and it's been causing all sorts of headaches.

How large are the images that are giving you trouble? Can you give me an example?

Kevin

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They average 400kb. So I gues as a regular member we get 1,000 kb total? That's what my attachments bar looks like, I have three downsized pics in a thread and am at about 760.

I thought we were allowed 10,000 mb?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks I see in the attachment window that I have much more room for uploads. I did try to attach a regular pic from my iPad snapped with my iPhone 7, and it was 2.5 mb!

Total allowed for a jpeg is 1,000kb, so I need to reduce image size.

Thanks again for the help, I have learned also the new cameras on the iPad and iPhone 7 take super high def pics!

·
Administrator
731 Posts
you can change the quality of the images that you want to take. more megapixels means that you can print bigger images with less noise in the print but it's not always important since most photos need to be seen from a distance. Your eyes can't process that much information either. .... i'm on a rant, but good luck!

Lee

1 - 8 of 8 Posts