JKOwners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Rubicon and I want to ditch the e-disco sway bar system for Currie Antirock. Is there a way to turn off the light without having to buy a Procal?

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
I asked this same question a while back and never got an affirmative.
I thought about experimenting with the wires in the harness, but then remembered that the whole damn Jeep is linked to the computer. So I chose not to fawk with it. My luck, I would start a fire and burn it to the ground.:shocked:
I don't even notice the light flashing anymore...

·
Openly Hostile
6,981 Posts
The aeroforce gauge is going to be able to do it...not sure if they have the programming done or not, but it was on the list of shit coming.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I already have Superchips. I don't want to buy any more programmers. It would be nice if Superchips would add the option but I'm not going to hold my breath for them to do it any time soon.

I wonder if the dealership can do it?

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
They should be able too.. They can program to turn it on so why not turn it off..

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They should be able too.. They can program to turn it on so why not turn it off..
I confirmed it; they can. However, what they want to charge me, I may as well buy the Procal. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Update:

I contacted Superchips via their forum and supposedly they are looking into adding this feature to their programmer. We shall see...sooner than later, I hope.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Update:

I contacted Superchips via their forum and supposedly they are looking into adding this feature to their programmer. We shall see...sooner than later, I hope.
Cool.. I know with my 07 Rubi, I am on borrowed time with my e-disco.. When it goes, I am going to just unplug it and get a set of regular discos... Or I might do the mod to do it manually..

·
Registered
162 Posts
My 3rd e-disco is shot on my '07 Rubi. I'm out of warranty and just bought a used non-Rubi sway bar and looking at adding the JKS quick disconnects. The e-disco is coming off. The Rubi e-disco is a great concept but not real reliable. I read you just have to ask the dealer to delete feature code "SHG". I'm hoping that won't be much to do ... :)

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
11,064 Posts
Yeah, $120.00. My response: :thefinger:
Wow, my dealer wanted $95.00 to recalibrate to 32.06 tire size. I thought that was high.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, my dealer wanted $95.00 to recalibrate to 32.06 tire size. I thought that was high.
Hourly labor rates are a lot higher in Commiefornia. NoCal is the highest in the nation and SoCal is right behind them.

·
Registered
7,277 Posts
Hourly labor rates are a lot higher in Commiefornia. NoCal is the highest in the nation and SoCal is right behind them.
Northern NJ and NYC are right there with CA. 2 years ago dealers in NJ were $115 HR no doubt they are higher now. :shaking:

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Northern NJ and NYC are right there with CA. 2 years ago dealers in NJ were $115 HR no doubt they are higher now. :shaking:
Greater NYC area isn't cheap, but Cali takes the cake by far.

I work at Hyundai Motor America. We have 794 dealers. The highest labor rate is $148.00/hr (and that's the warranty rate, c.p. is probably higher) at a NoCal dealer. Eight out of the top 10 for highest rates are in California (other two - Hawaii and Missouri of all places). The cheapest is $58.00/hr at a dealer in PA.

·
Broker by the Minute
3,825 Posts
I think you mean right under them. LOL

I know most of the guys at our dealership. I know if I just asked they would turn off my blinking swaybar light but then I am getting used to it. Besides it's hiding behind the steering wheel so I'd have to look to see it. :laughing:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts